Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Keurig. A complete waste of money?

Options
124»

Replies

• cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    We have a family of 7, and only 2 of us (not including me!) drink coffee. Even so, we have a Keurig and I couldn't imagine not having it! We use it every.single.day to give us instant hot water for making tea, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, Mr.Noodles, jello...the list goes on and on. It is used numerous times every day; we even got a one-cup Keurig to take along when we go camping! :tongue:
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    For one or two cup coffee drinker. The kuerig is great
    I've had.mine for 3 yrs now no problems. But I run vinegar thru mine every 3 months when I change the filter. It's more maintenance...lol than my old Mr coffee drip pot. But for the weekend when I have time I use the pour over
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Keurigs are great for the office. Our office supply person buys pods by the case at BJs.

I would never have one at home though. We have a single serve. My OH drinks decaf and I have regular, which I flavor myself. Today it's half coffee and half Hazelnut Teeccino, plus ground cardamom, chia seeds, dried coconut, and chocolate protein powder, aka - breakfast.

b899ddbb64c6820417f3caffcfe34745.png
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a keurig and it saves me about $1.35 per 12 oz of coffee. Tim hortons in canada 1.85 for medium coffee. Pods are .50c avg
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I have a keurig and it saves me about $1.35 per 12 oz of coffee. Tim hortons in canada 1.85 for medium coffee. Pods are .50c avg

$1.35 if you bring your own cup, iirc... (I think it's a $0.50 discount, if anyone knows for sure please correct me).
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea and getting a single cup of hot water is very convenient. I usually drink instant coffee to save money.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You single cup/instant people ought to try the plastic or porcelain cone + paper filter with ground coffee. Quick, cheap, way tastier than instant.

Just sayin'. :)
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    OP - Sorry - but Folger's is not real coffee. Blech! It's like a kiss on your forehead from your 85 year old great aunt...it does nothing for you.

My wife loOoves her Keurig and I love good Costa Rican, Kenyan AA, Sumatra, etc. I bought a reusable K-Cup like this one
    http://www.keurig.com/Accessories/Keurig®-2-0-My-K-Cup®-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/p/keurig-2-0-my-k-cup
    but cheaper...I got two of them at Kohl's I think.