Fitbit

Options
Im wanting to invest in a Fitbit Charge 2 but i dont know if it will be worth it. Id like to track my steps and calories burnt whilst at work, but the majority of my day is typing at my desk..which i do very quickly and im concerned that a Fitbit will log typing as steps.

What are your views on Fitbits, are they worth it? And has anyone had issues with steps being recorded when they shouldnt be?

Replies

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You need to move the tracker in a specific motion for it to register a step. I tried every other movement to test it, nothing but the impact of my foot hitting the ground did anything.
    The heartrate monitor, I'm not too sure of the accuracy.
    I'm getting a Fitbit soon myself. Guess I'll find out :-)
  • chunkerson
    chunkerson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love mine. I have a blaze. I also spend a lot of time at a desk so I try to walk at lunch and when I get home. It holds me accountable. I love it when I hit my targets, usually only on the days I run
  • momefee
    momefee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. I have a charge 2, and it really is informative, and motivating. It really helps me see the big picture. I have had it for almost a year and it still holds it's charge well too

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i have the charge 2 and love it. the heart rate and step counter are accurate. I can also get text and call alerts on mine
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Typing has never counted as steps on mine and that's most of my work day lol
  • xAbiCatx
    xAbiCatx Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think i might give it a go :)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I’ve got the charge 2, I find the sleep app
    Really useful as my sleep patterns can be all over the place
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for fitbit charge 2- it has some really useful features, I like mine a lot
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have the Ionic and have had the Blaze. The only time I registered steps that should not have been was mowing the lawn on my riding mower. The bumping and shaking of riding the mower caused steps to be counted. Other then that I find nothing wrong with it. If it really mattered to me I would just take off the tracker when riding my mower.
  • christinclark74
    christinclark74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Charger 2 and I love that it gives me hourly reminders to move for a few minutes (250 steps) since I too have a desk job. So far I'm happy with mine.
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a charge 2 and it's great def worth getting one
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and type quite a bit. My Charge HR 2 has never logged typing as steps. I don't have any issues with excess steps being logged.

I don't think anybody can know if it is worth it for *you*, but I know mine has been worth it for me. It gives me a good estimate of my TDEE and I personally find the numbers to be motivating.
  • bonkeydave
    bonkeydave Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had a charge 2 for about 18 months, think it’s great and reasonably accurate. The app is pretty good, not complicated. Also have an Apple Watch but prefer the Fitbit for steps / workout etc so end up with the Apple Watch on my left hand and Fitbit on the other. Funny quite a few people I work with do the same.

They are not expensive and worth it in my opinion.