Nude gym

Options

Replies

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    What??? Just no! All that sweat and flopping...? Hard pass but they do say there's something for everyone so I won't judge. :)

No judging, but I'm doing a ton of cringe laughing right now
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just don't see why the world needs nude gym/personal training session. It didn't really say much about the point of it except for providing "cheeky fun". Pretty sure someone doing squats in front of me butt naked is not my idea of fun. Perhaps I am a prude. Good thing my gym is "clothing required."

Yeah, I’m not sure there’s a physical benefit. But “they” say that a person is more likely to stick with a fitness program s/he enjoys and I suppose some people might enjoy exercising nude in the company of other nudies. Maybe?

I can count five people I know, automatically, who would take "feeling comfortable" as "showing off my naked kitten", and once they've received all the attention they require, dropping out.
    But, your point is valid.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    I just keep thinking about the Seinfeld episode about good naked and bad naked and how much more revealing naked is than, say, spandex or loose basketball shorts or any of the other gym clothing that people sometimes have an issue with.

For me it reminds me of the one where George says...

BUT I WAS IN THE POOL!!!

Ha! Shrinkage. So sorry :p

I'm 60. It's like that all the time now...hahaha
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement. I do not train nude.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement. I do not train nude.
    I guess you can't judge a man by his user name. :)
    :D You. You I like. Carry on.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Taken at face value, I can see some appeal/benefit to it. In reality, I have a hard time thinking it's anything but one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" type of things.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    No; Just No.

^^ This
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    There's a link to NKD in the UK. I'm imagining bad things with deadlifting nude. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "f*$k the bar."
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I think people/society makes way too much fuss over nudity and being naked. The human body isn't disgusting, and nudity doesn't always have a sexual connotation.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Haha, no thanks; the floor inside the squat racks could get a little gross if you know what I mean.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I think people/society makes way too much fuss over nudity and being naked. The human body isn't disgusting, and nudity doesn't always have a sexual connotation.

Right, but wanting privacy for certain acts or certain parts doesn't necessarily indicate disgust (or shame). My personal preference is that people cover the parts involved with defecating, though it may be a natural and marvelous part of the human body.

I should have elaborated, I probably wouldn't go to a nude gym, my commentary was on society in general. I should have stayed more on topic.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Right, but wanting privacy for certain acts or certain parts doesn't necessarily indicate disgust (or shame). My personal preference is that people cover the parts involved with defecating, though it may be a natural and marvelous part of the human body.

I should have elaborated, I probably wouldn't go to a nude gym, my commentary was on society in general. I should have stayed more on topic.

In hat case I agree "people/society makes way too much fuss over nudity and being naked. "
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would agree- about society being fussy about nudity- especially here in the states- where we claim to be very "progressive"

IMHO- I LOVE working out in my underwear- at home. And at the gym the shorts are about as short as they can get without becoming thongs (Who am I kidding - my a&& eats them- they are thongs anyway)

BUT- I wouldn't want to be completely nude- to much skin slapping for my own preference. But I recently did a more racy photoshoot and was unpleasantly surprised by my own reaction. I think I knew in my head it was for promotional purposes and I have a government job- so knowing that made me more conservative- but it was funny if it had been someone elses pictures? I wouldn't have cared- I thought they were fantastic.

It was an interesting experience.

All that to say- probably hard pass for me- Mostly because other people make it weird. If you could trust people to make it less weird- I'd be more comfortable. But I'm team "less is more" for working out.