Sit and Spins are FUN!

Options
I found this out kinda by accident. I'm a preschool teacher and was watching a child do a half stand spin on one of these toys one day and she asked me to try and do it. I stood up on it and started to spin back and forth. It was fun and really seemed to focus on my "tummy" area.
Went to a used toy store later in the week, bought one and have used it for awhile. (It's kinda challenging at first. It takes practice, but is fun with music.) I only do about 5 minutes now and not always everyday because of my health/pain issues, but it's still fun.
Just an FYI, I weighed 236 when I tried this and the sit and spin held me. Mine was definitely an older one tho. Try it in the store before you buy it to see if it'll hold you.

Replies

• Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am just recently finding workout activities that I actually think are fun and can stick with. I remember those things being a good ab workout when I was a teen (I get vertigo now so no spinning to me!). For me its cardio hip hop dance videos
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I still have my copy of Richard Simmons "Sweatin To The Oldies" DVD. I love the music and they're so inspirational and fun for me. (I haven't done them for awhile but I'll work up to them again. :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I had to Google sit and spin. Oh I would get dizzy! Not my cup of tea but glad to hear that you found something you like.