2018 Goals?!

Options
What's everyone's goals for 2018? <3

Replies

• PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Get to my goal weight, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, get my bike fixed up so I won't have an excuse to drive 1 mile to the store or CVS... oh, and be more organized!!
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My big one is trying to live more in the present, be mindful and balanced.

I tend to live a lot in terms of goals and deadlines, counting down to things (good or bad things), saying 'when I've lost X amount of weight' or 'when my skin is clear', and I lose a lot of time because I'm busy planning, preparing or waiting. Also if there's something that might not be enjoyable or something downright unpleasant like a presentation I have to give, it can have an effect on me for weeks prior to the actual event because I'm forever looking forward to what's coming.

I started yoga about a month ago and intend to carry it forward into 2018 as it can be as hard or easy as I choose to make it, I can't make an excuse not to do it (I can do a simple routine in my pjs on my bedroom floor if needs be!) so as a way to just move and breathe, it seems like it will have a lot of benefits for me.

My other goal is to create more art. As a kid I loved drawing or painting but recently I've found I'm too worried about creating something that's no good and I spend so much time trying to come up with the 'perfect' piece and wait for the perfect inspiration that I never actually do anything.

In terms of fitness I'd like to gain muscle, be more toned and feel strong
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Cook more meals and eat out less. Workout consistently. Reach my goal weight and return to running shape. Participate in short distance running and work towards half-maraton training. Use the power of positivity for my mental health.
  • Susan1196
    Susan1196 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reach my goal weight this year, and exercise more often at the gym and to enjoy life.
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Musicalpolarbear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lose 1lb a week by tracking consistently, plus hopefully a couple of bonus pounds.
    Have a proper crack at C25K
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Well, I am at my goal weight, but not at my goal body fat percentage. So 2018 is all about recomposition for me, in terms of MFP goals.

I'm also trying to get my 10K time down to 45 minutes, but we'll see if I can ever get there.
    I'm trying to write more fiction and making a point of writing 750 words every day.
    I'm also trying to get my German and Spanish up to high-intermediate from high-elementary levels.

Best of luck to everyone! :smiley:
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    200kg squat, 120kg bench, 230kg deadlift
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

handstands without the wall in yoga
    get exercise as a family--swimming, biking etc with my kids.
    improve my posture
    cook more ambitious and new recipes
  • Erinreeves94
    Erinreeves94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Working on my yoga practice and my cardio endurance
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Exercise for an hour 5 days a week.
    Get 10,000 steps in per day.
    Work on my form for Stronglifts 5×5.
    Progress further than week 5 on C25K.
    Go on hikes every Sunday.
    Get more flexible.
    Lose 50 lbs.
    Find a pool to start swimming again.
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get rid of the sugar addiction. Eat healthy 75% of the time. I believe moderation is key. Move towards a keto diet and adopt the kettlebell swing workout.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1. go from pre-hypertensive to a normal blood pressure
    2. Have my cholesterol go back to normal
    3. Stay consistent
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just track my meals and be more connected with family.
  • abbecker2014
    abbecker2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to watch what I eat and eat out less. Im a college student so eating healthy can be difficult at time. I want to reach my goal weight this year and just be the happiest me yet!
  • Timetogetstarted
    Timetogetstarted Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Finally get down to 133lbs
    Start recomp
    Start with a vegetarian diet and progress from there (despite protests from the family)
    Go to as many gigs as possible to show that 37 year olds can rock out with the best of them :)
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Maryjennifer, I used an app, "that sugar app" when I first started cutting down on suger, found it was very helpful. It's easier to reduce gradually over a month or so, to avoid the withdrawal symptoms.
    My goals is to track every day,
    To get a lot closer to my goal weight
    Be able to do set of pushups from floor
    To restart dance classes
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Finally reach my goal weight (130), alcohol only for events (after 30 days dry in January), getting my fitness back through running (my favorite exercise), less stress, better sleep, enjoy my children!
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Get to my goal weight, eat better, drink more water and exercise daily! Super motivated, but not really broadcasting my goals to family and friends this time around in hopes it'll make a difference.