I literally need to lose 100 pounds.

Options
I am so shocked ive let it get this bad. I need to set up a support system for myself even with just internet friends. Anyone else in the same boat????

Replies

• mbourne2582
    mbourne2582 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Yep I have at least 100 pounds to loose, I too was shocked when I got in the scales! I’d had a don’t care attitude recently and decided it had to stop. I’m doing this alone so any support on here is much appreciated. You have taken the first step as you’ve joined here, happy to add u as a friend for encouragement and support
  • Gemm90x
    Gemm90x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat, feeling motived for now but looking for support system.
  • justdixee
    justdixee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in same boat...looking for support and wanting to be a support to others.
  • SmAn1015
    SmAn1015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In need of supporting friends but dk how to add friends
  • missporter2
    missporter2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I just have to do it this time and looking for friends along the way...... feel free to add me. I started off today hungover and eating garbage so not exactly a great start. Haha.
  • missporter2
    missporter2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Last New Year I was at 253 down from 272, currently 158. The time will pass quicker than you know it, just take one day at a time. Just put in your statistics and let MFP figure out your calories. Add some activity you enjoy and it will improve your health and give you more calories to eat. Feel free to add me as a friend!

You've already inspired me lol ... im starting at 245 .... want to be atleast in the somethings in 6 months. Ive really been terrible this year ... my father died and my son had surgery high stress comforted by bad food. Im not sure how to add a friend lol
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was 227, I’m 175 today. Keep at it, be honest with yourself and your logging (log it ALL) and don’t beat yourself up if you indulge every now and again. Log your indulgent days too. If you don’t have a food scale, get one. Weigh and measure everything you possibly can. You CAN do it!

• writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    To add a friend a friend, on the web go to their profile by clicking on their name (may have to click their name 2x before you get to their actual profile page. Then click the green add as a friend button on their profile page. On the app it appears you can only send a message as clicking the name the second time just gave me an error message.

When someone has requested to be your friend, on the app, top left corner the menu is under the 3 bars. You will have a number by friends or messages if you have a request. On the web, you should see the numbers at the top by the menu item.

• darkshadowlouise
    darkshadowlouise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat, feel free to add me
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer to not add anybody (I like to keep my Friendlists minimal, to those I actually know), but you can totally do it!

I started at about 200lbs, currently sitting at a fit 105lbs. I'm 5'2", had always been a bit bigger. Was a slow build my whole life. My breaking point was when I actually noticed the scale hit 200lbs, and my doc had put "obesity" in my health comments. Never said a word of it to me... Which is actually weird, considering I went in for heart issues. In my mid 20s... Which has stopped since losing weight.

Hrmph.

But yeah, you can totally do it! It happens, just gotta stick with it. Fall off the wagon? You get your *kitten* back up there. Why? Because you deserve to be the you that you want to be. That phrase always stuck with me... Only I can do it, and I WANT to be healthier, I WANT to be able to wear those pretty damned clothes and them be flattering on me. So I did it.

I'd post a before & after, but unfortunately my laptop had KO'd about two weeks ago, taking with it all of my pics (and music, videos, etc... /sobsob ).
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm 20lbs away from being 100lbs down. Add me if you would like :smile:

It does go by faster than you think.