New Turbo Fire Group?

Options
I started Turbo Fire yesterday - I am going to follow the suggested "class schedule." Anybody else new or relatively new to TF and want to share the experience with me?

I enjoyed my workout yesterday. . . burned plenty of calories. Looking forward to adding this in to my current routine (I swim about 5 miles a week).

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Turbo Fire for awhile now, but stopped a few weeks back when things just got crazy! I do plan to start it up again this weekend along with Chalean Extreme next week... I have to say TF is an awesome workout and yes, great burn too! :)
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire :) I've been a "Turbo" junkie since 2006 when I started with Turbo Jam, then got my certification as a Turbo Kick instructor, now I'm loving Turbo Fire! I'm in the middle of a P90X round right now, but if I don't feel like doing the Plyo or Kenpo workouts (which is most of the time) I replace them with TurboFire :) I think I get a better workout because I love those dvds so much! Did Fire 45 last night!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting 8/8.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I started Turbo Fire this week. I'm doing the prep schedule. I have some knee issues and need to gradually build up my strength before I attempt the HIIT workouts.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I just got Turbo Fire in the mail yesterday and I'm excited to start on Monday!! I've been doing Turbo Jam for a while now and I can't wait to amp it up to TF!! This should be fun!
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started the Turbo Fire prep schedule 5 weeks ago. It is awesome. I cannot wait to move onto the normal one!
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start my 4th week of Turbo Fire and I love it!!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Starting Turbo Fire tomorrow and I am so excited!! I'll do my 15 mile bike ride in the morning and then Fire 30/Stretch 10 in the afternoon!! Woohoo!!!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just started TF today! If there is an active group where we can share encouraging words, please let me know!
  • Jennadawinna
    Jennadawinna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've just started Turbo Fire. I'm currently in week 2 of the Prep schedule. I've also done Turbo Jam for the past few years. I'm currently trying to lost my pregnancy weight and I'm already seeing results!
  • lsea11
    lsea11 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on week 3. It's fun, high energy and sure makes you sweat.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I started Turbo Fire on July 27th. I had a Turbo Jam video that a friend let me borrow and had been doing that for a couple of weeks and decided to spring for the Turbo Fire package. So far its going great and I'm enjoying the process. I'm following the schedule and today did my third HIIT (the 15 one) and am seeing progress. I wasn't sure I was getting my intensity up enough in the HIITs previously. I have a LOT of weight to lose and was trying to follow the modifier that doesn't jump. Today I think I realized that is it not that I CAN'T jump, but more that I was just afraid to, and that it was uncomfortable feeling the flab bounce all around, and being so out of touch with my body. Anyway today I jumped when I could (even if it was only 1/2 inch off the floor lol) and flailed around like a madman as hard as I could when I couldn't jump or got lost and I feel like progress was made. I can jump ha! I really like the long cardio routines. I really hated the Stretch 40, mainly because I can't flow into some of the positions properly or even get into some of them at all. But, as with the HIITs, I'm hoping it will grow on me!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just started TF this week, also! I'm very impressed so far! I, too, was afraid of the high jumps! I was worried about landing wrong or something like it. But one phrase Chalene said really struck a nerve: "If you continue what you've been doing, you're going to keep the body you have!"

I just decided to give it a shot and I'm keeping up pretty well! I don't like feeling my gut flap around but it really is a great ab workout!!

Is anyone else combining other exercises with TF? I ran this morning then did the HIIT 15 min DVD this afternoon. I don't feel sore but I don't want to give up my running twice a week.
  • Trairai3773
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago and I love the program. When I am finished with the class schedule, I plan to do the ChaLEAN Extreme and TF hybrid schedule. The work outs are a great way to start the day!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I just started TF this week, also! I'm very impressed so far! I, too, was afraid of the high jumps! I was worried about landing wrong or something like it. But one phrase Chalene said really struck a nerve: "If you continue what you've been doing, you're going to keep the body you have!"

I just decided to give it a shot and I'm keeping up pretty well! I don't like feeling my gut flap around but it really is a great ab workout!!

Is anyone else combining other exercises with TF? I ran this morning then did the HIIT 15 min DVD this afternoon. I don't feel sore but I don't want to give up my running twice a week.
    If it ever stops being so dang humid where I live, I do plan on running a couple of times a week (again) as well.
  • lmarcia
    lmarcia Posts: 27
    Options
    I just did my first class today. I got 1/2 way thru the 30 min HITT class and had to rewind so I could learn the moves. I did start w/ the New to Class selection. I like it so far and it helps when she is so animated it make you want to work harder.

Question: this is the first workout other than walking I've done since my baby was born (5mo ago). How long did it take you to learn the routines? Is every workout a different routine you have to learn?

I heard someone mention a prep schedule - what is that? Should I be on it?