Have 50+ pounds to lose like me?

Options
I am on a journey to lose 50+ pounds. I’m tired of trying to follow strict diets! So December 1st, I vowed to aim to lose 1 pound a week. (Average, some weeks it’ll be more, some less.). And to just be CONSISTENT by logging ALL my food and working out or walking daily. I LOST 7 POUNDS IN DECEMBER!!! WOOT! WOOT!!!

I formed a group where we are truly keeping each other accountable and aiming to lose 52 pounds in 2018.

Feel Free to join us!

Imagine, 1 year from today... You are celebrating the Holidays but you are also celebrating that YOU LOST 52 POUNDS (or more) in 2018 because you joined THIS group and we helped you stay accountable and motivated!

You had the support you needed to shed those extra pounds (on average 1 pound a week) in a healthy, sustainable manner! You exhanged recipes and learned behavior change techniques that will sustain you for a lifetime! You participated in challenges and workshops that kept you inspired and motivated to adopt a healthy lifestyle! NO MORE DIETING! NO MORE STARVATION! NO MORE SPENDING HOURS AT THE GYM!! If this sounds like how you want to be celebrating 1 year from now..... JOIN US!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123920-lose-1-pound-a-week-2018

Replies

• mom1nurse21
    mom1nurse21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!!
  • sueben04
    sueben04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have about 65 lbs to lose and would to be a part of your group.
  • baci833
    baci833 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m most def interested in joining as well
  • larrsj
    larrsj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Would love to join
  • jodiecrandall
    jodiecrandall Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Please just click on the link and request to join. <3

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123920-lose-1-pound-a-week-2018
  • jodiecrandall
    Options
    Got a great group forming! Not too late to join us!
  • jodiecrandall
    Options
    Good morning! I sent you all invites. o:)
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeeee :#
  • NeumunH
    NeumunH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi jodiecrandall. I would like to join, please send me an invite.
  • jodiecrandall
    Options
    Invites sent. You can also click on the link to join.
  • sammyw84
    sammyw84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like go lose about 70-80lbs... feel free to add me as a friend x
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Invites sent. You can also click on the link to join.

Thanks! Joined!
  • jodiecrandall
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you join us!
  • jodiecrandall
    Options
    Our group is off to an AMAZING START TO 2018!!!

Week 1- We Lost 86.2 Pounds!
    Week 2- We Lost 89.3 Pounds!

JOIN US for motivation, inspiration, support and accountability!
  • woodrowkerry
    woodrowkerry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have about 59 ½ Kg to loose (131 lbs).
    It would be nice to have others in the same overloaded boat.

I have been obese for many years now and have fallen victim to fad diets and bad advice over the years that ended up being more harmful in the long run. The last time I was determined to lose – counted calories, worked out daily, biked to and from work; 26 Km every day year round rain or shine- and was able to lose 18 kilos (40 lbs) in just a few months. My body rebelled and slowed down my metabolism to the point where I couldn’t lose anymore. I ate less, worked out more – was tired and depressed all the time, was having issues with my memory and my immune system started attacking my joints causing arthritis in my knees and hips.

I gave up.

Two years later most of the weight is back and I can’t even ride my bike because of the arthritis but all is not lost!!!!!

I have been tracking my food intake for a week now. I am starting to see some trends. I plan to continue just tracking my intake for another week and then see if there are some adjustments I can make to improve.

I am determined not to fall into the same trap. I will make small adjustments, wait to see results and make further adjustments as needed. Losing 1-2 lbs/wk would be nice but that is not going to be my focus. I want to be healthy and eventually that will mean losing much of the excess weight I am carrying around but I plan on taking the journey slow, ensuring my quality of life improves along the voyage to grow along with my health and fitness.

I’m not going to bank on a better quality of life somewhere at the far end of some metaphorically epic war against the evil flab; I plan to enjoy the move toward a healthier and eventually lighter me, letting the trip become an adventure rather than a chore.