Keto Meal Planning Advice?

Options
I have been meal prepping on and off for the past month or so, and want to really do it full time. In conjunction, I’m wanting to try a keto diet. In the past when I’ve meal prepped I’ve picked meals from a healthy foods cookbook and as long as I was under my calories goal for the day that’s how I decided what I would eat for the week. Is this method still ok for the keto diet? Or should I be keeping other things in mind when I pick out my keto meals for the week? Like bigger calorie meals at the begging of the day and progressively lower cal throughout the day? Or does it matter? If anybody can shed some light for me that would be awesome!!

-Stop Wishing Start Doing-

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter, as at the end of the day calories are 'king' for weightloss - You just have to find how to make them work for you. I personally prefer 3 meals a day when eating 'normally' (following calorie counting) but prefer 2 meals a day + intermittent fasting when on keto (still calorie counting).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine.

Meal timing makes no real difference in this diet. Some find they no longer wish to eat early in the day so that could become something to consider.

Good luck.