Looking for other females (50 yrs +) for support & encouragement

Options
GetFit4Life2018
GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm looking for other 50+ women who have gone through menopause (I'm 53) and really struggle to lose weight. After the holidays, I'm feeling motivated to try once again. This isn't my first attempt, but often I've gone through it alone. It doesn't work well. In my 50's, it does require more work and it's easy to get discouraged. That's why I'd love to find a few other female fitness pals that want to commit to communicating regularly on our journeys where we can encourage and motivate each other for success. You know the saying, 'misery loves company'? I'm hopeful it will be less misery! My goal is to lose 30-40 lbs, so I'm hoping to find someone who needs to lose between 30-60 lbs.

Interested? Message me and let's see if we can make this work. Wishing everyone success in 2018! Let's not wait another year to look and feel more FABULOUS!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This thread/group has stayed pretty active for quite some time, it might be a great place for you to find friends:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-50ish-folks

Welcome to MFP!
  • SammiJKewley1969
    SammiJKewley1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and going through the menopause (I started Autumn 2016 and its been hideous). I've got about 80lbs to shift if you want to add me
  • biengardo1
    biengardo1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55--56 in Jan. Looking to get my life back on track with getting healthy. Would like to drop 20-30 pounds. Hate exercising, but know I have to do it. Know what I have to do--need accountability and help from you all to keep me motivated. :-) By the way, this is an old pic--trying to update it.
  • debbiewoodhall
    debbiewoodhall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 and post menopause and really wanting to lose some weight. I need to loose about 25kg and struggle with motivation. I need some accountability too but also i do not want to feel guilty when I have a treat.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There's a thread in motvation and support, "women over 50", new thread starting every month, feel free to jump in
  • judefit18
    judefit18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and starting again- work out often but struggle with keeping away from the junk food; would love friends to help keep me accountable as well! Have about 20-25 lbs to lose
  • judefit18
    judefit18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nvr2Late- you can find the thread under "Recent Discussions" "Motivation and Support"; on the top right corner of the new thread you will see a star- highlight it and it will be bookmarked so you can find it again
  • GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!