What was the damage over the Festive period??

Options
10lbs here...bit of a shock when I stepped on the scale this morning BUT it's motivated me. Get them off in 2 weeks then back on track!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    3 pounds over november and december (didnt count a bit or worry about anything).

no biggie.
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had lost 1lb when I weighed myself on Christmas Day, but I knew it was due to not eating much & running around the shops...weighed myself this morning & I've put 3lbs on, back to my regular running this week
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Maintained. Didn't go mental with the christmas treats really. The bugger is that I wanted to put on some weight as I have some strength gains I want to make during January. Must try harder
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    2 lbs down - Woo and boy did I eat :)B)
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    didn't quite gain 3 lbs from thanksgiving to new years. hopefully will have it fixed this month!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I gained 5lbs over my normal weight, so not bad. After all the Christmas treats I was ready to start eating lighter again before I even stepped on the scale... Maybe next year I'll incorporate some healthier treats to indulge in, lol.
  • talpilon
    talpilon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I gained 8lbs over the holidays, but I also weighed myself after a night of drinking and lack of sleep. So maybe more like 5-6lbs.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was surprised and happy to look back and see that even though I had multiple parties over this holiday season, looking back from Thanksgiving through New Years I'm actually down 5.8 pounds. All it took was continual logging and I tried very hard to be completely honest every day. Plus keeping up with my exercise routine really did help. I thought at the beginning of the holiday season I'd end up a little over, and really just hoped to stay even, but saying no to those extra sweets and drinks really did pay off. Feels good to start off 2018 on a good note!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Up since Christmas but down since Thanksgiving, so it's kind of a wash.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    About 7 lbs. Surprisingly a little less than normal. I was expecting more.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Six pounds. I’m not weighing again til next Monday. It’ll come off. :)
  • shawnamomma74
    shawnamomma74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm up but I'm sure half of it is water from all that salty Chex mix
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in a while but I know I put on a bit of weight. I'm doing dry January and really zeroing in on my eating though, so I'm hopeful by the end of January I'll be back on the right track!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    None. I ate well but didn't go mad. I had a fab Christmas :smiley:
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in maintenance mode and while the scale bounced around a lot.. my Friday weigh-ins were always within my maintenance. So I'm happy :)
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    Ugh, 2.5kg (5.5 lbs) and up 3% body fat. So bad. Back into it now and excited to see how much I can accomplish in my first week!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    None gained and I ate and drank like a wild woman!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    About 2 pounds up in November and December. Usually gain 20 pounds over the winter, so 2 pounds in 2 out of 5 winter months is a win!