c25k starting 1st August - support group?

Options

Replies

• MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My friend, Sarah, and I started the program yesterday! We work out on a treadmill to keep up with our speed and have not been "runners" in the past. Best wishes to all! LET'S DO THIS!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I did w1d2 tonight. I got new shoes and those helped. I am really only struggling with last 1.5 runs. I get a tiny bit of a stitch at that point. During the first few I feel like I could run for a little longer. I will have to see how day three goes before I decide if I am ready to move onto week 2. I was proud of myself for getting it done though cause for some reason my music wasn't working in my app so I did the whole thing with no music. That's not fun.
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Doing W1D2 later on this afternoon, my thighs are still killing me from monday! Maybe I will avoid the big hill today!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Done W1D2! Was much better than Monday's :)
  • lissarv68
    Options
    I just started today. I can run a mile already but it's really slow and painful, so figured I'd start back at the beginning and do it the "right" way.

How do we even calculate this in the exercise?
  • EmilioA
    EmilioA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did Week 3 Day 1 yesterday! It was easier than expected, but I know it will get harder as the weeks progress.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I did w1r1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I did w1r1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeaaahhhh well done u!!!

Leila can I join?? im on week 3 but Im reapeating weeks! i cant progress that quickly! I havnt got out for 2 weeks coz its been raining at lunch time! but im going today! Will be doing 2 again today - I may try week 3 next week depending on how I get on this week.

xxxxx
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Course you can join PP.

Update from me: I've still been having trouble with my feet. I was getting quite upset and coming to the "I'm just not designed to run" conclusion. IBUT, Ive spent the whole morning (oops should have been working) researching "barefoot running" - now this isn't neccesarily barefoot but using minimal shoes like Merrell Gloves or Vibrams. I've bought a set of Merrell Gloves online and waiting for them to arrive. The review say its good for flat feet and will automatically train the heel striking out of you. So I'm *fingers crossed* that these might sort me out.

Anyone else bought new shoes for c25k? Or had their gait analysed? Love to hear other experiences.

Leila x
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Course you can join PP.

Update from me: I've still been having trouble with my feet. I was getting quite upset and coming to the "I'm just not designed to run" conclusion. IBUT, Ive spent the whole morning (oops should have been working) researching "barefoot running" - now this isn't neccesarily barefoot but using minimal shoes like Merrell Gloves or Vibrams. I've bought a set of Merrell Gloves online and waiting for them to arrive. The review say its good for flat feet and will automatically train the heel striking out of you. So I'm *fingers crossed* that these might sort me out.

Anyone else bought new shoes for c25k? Or had their gait analysed? Love to hear other experiences.

Leila x

Thanks hunny did week 2 day 3 today even though been a few weeks since I did day 1 and 2 and I got on fine! Think I will progress to week 3 :S not sure if im rady but hey we will find out.

Ohhh thats not so good about ur feet hunny! hopefully ur investment will pay off! Never had my feet tested but I just use my gym trainers, but was thinking of getting some proper running ones?
  • kalougri
    kalougri Posts: 12
    Options
    W1D2 Done. Pouring with rain, frogs jumping around everywhere, squashed frogs and worms also everywhere, my dog was trying to chase hares whilst on the lead but I did it! LOL! Was very happy to hear the nice man on my c25k android app announce that my workout was complete. :o)
  • sheabutt
    sheabutt Posts: 24
    Options
    Was very happy to hear the nice man on my c25k android app announce that my workout was complete. :o)

Why is the voice in my app not a man? It wld be nice to imagine a handsome one motivating me till the end. Hehe!
  • sheabutt
    Options
    Did my W2D3 this morning and I rocked it! I was a bit out breath towards the end, though.

My thighs are slightly aching and shaky, my right ankle is wobbly, but my knees are fine! Strange.

It's Friday here in Singapore, so..... TGIF everyone!
  • sheabutt
    Options
    for some reason my music wasn't working in my app so I did the whole thing with no music. That's not fun.

Yes I soo agree wif u. Listening to my own breathing, or rather, the gasping & wheezing, is totally not fun. At all.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Was very happy to hear the nice man on my c25k android app announce that my workout was complete. :o)

Why is the voice in my app not a man? It wld be nice to imagine a handsome one motivating me till the end. Hehe!

On the app I have u can choose if its a man or a woman - maybe look to see if the option is there :) x
  • vintagefool
    Options

Yeah, seriously... you should be able to change the voice to George Clooney or Johnny Depp :P

Week 1 officially done for me. It was easy, but next week's program scares me. I've never run more than 60 seconds in a row before! Well, since elementary school or something :sick:
  • kalougri
    kalougri Posts: 12
    Options

Yeah, seriously... you should be able to change the voice to George Clooney or Johnny Depp :P

Week 1 officially done for me. It was easy, but next week's program scares me. I've never run more than 60 seconds in a row before! Well, since elementary school or something :sick:

<like> lol! Yeah, on my app, the bluefin software one (android and iphone) you can choose, man or woman. Felt good today, no aches whatsoever which I am pleased about :)
  • lissarv68
    Options
    I couldn't get my stopwatch to work today, I'm having issues with the Nike Running and now that I've gotten it worked out, I can't get the stopwatch to show up on my iPod. So instead? I ran from song to song. Some of the songs were 4 minutes long! I thought I was going to die, lol, but I didn't and I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing it.

I think I might skip ahead to week 3 or 4 because clearly I can handle running at least 3 minute stretches since I did it about 3 times today (plus the one 4 minute that I swear tried to kill me!).
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    Update: I completed W2D3 yesterday and it was great! I felt like I could go longer. I will start W3 either Saturday or Sunday. I've heard W3 is brutal so I'm planning on taking it slow and repeating it as needed. Anyone done W3 yet? Any advice?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 3 and running at a pace of 6.0mph on the treadmill I got stitches on the 3 minute runs. It was very doable though! I hope when it gets colder outside I can move to running outdoors. I'm frightened by the 5 minute runs next week!!