Beginning my weight loss journey! Any tips and motivation would be helpful!

Options
Alittle of my story.....I have attempted multiple diets and have failed. I ended up losing weight but gaining back more than i had originally weighed. About 3 year ago i went undergo a major weight loss transformation losing 40 pounds. I have always struggled with weight since i was young. Over the last 3 year i have been slowing putting on the weight and have now gained 35 lbs of it back ( my boyfriend and i bought a house and were big eater outer and i slowly got of the wagon) . I refused to gain back that last 5 lbs and i wanna get back to my weight of 130 lbs.

I know this will take me a lot of discipline and hard work and won't be overnight. Last time it took me about 9 months.

Looking for any tips from anyone on anything that will help!!! I am 5'5" and 165 currently.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you currently logging?
  • kaillasue
    kaillasue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes i have been the last two days!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kaillasue wrote: »
    Yes i have been the last two days!

Awesome! Check out these posts (if you haven't already): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

There is a huge collection of people here who can help you with any questions you may have as you get the hang of logging. The best tip I have (based on me losing 40+ pounds and keeping it off) is log accurately and consistently hit your calorie goal.
  • neiltillbrook
    neiltillbrook Posts: 26 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hey! You're not alone in the losing/gaining game, so awesome job for deciding now's the time you're going to take control again.

Though there isn't a quick fix or 'one rule' for all, logging everything, making healthier choices and gradually increasing your exercise to a sustainable level will help you slowly, but surely, move things in the right direction. That's the healthiest approach to take. Reading articles on nutritionists thoughts and research can help you on your journey, and may help you change certain things you're doing on your journey to a healthier, happier you.

Also, save some room for treats every now and then - after all, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'3 male, currently at the heaviest I've been. 180lbs. I've slowly gained weight the past few years. Last year I tried and failed to lose weight. Hoping and planning to make this year different. Logging meals is a great place to start. I'm also going to try and go to the gym on Thursday. I'm thinking maybe going twice or once a week to start, and slowly stepping up my gym days. Basically just taking everything slowly. Logging meals, eating out less. Some motivation for me is being able to fit into all my old clothes :D
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I find reviewing the success stories forum here and looking at before and after pictures really motivational and inspiring for me, more than anything else. Everybody looks so much happier and better in the after pictures.