Buffalo Wild Wings

Options
Hello Everyone!

I am going to dinner with some friends today to Buffalo Wild Wings.. I want to do the boneless wings, and I don't want to go too crazy on calories - does anyone have any suggestions for sauces/orders that won't be super crazy in calories?

Thank You!

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings Nutrional Info

Dig though that and you can see/plan exactly what to choose.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I believe they have all of their nutrition online so you can plan ahead! My best advice would be to go with a buffalo or hot sauce (because YUM) and get a side of veggies or fruit instead of fries. Stick to water or diet soda to keep calories down as well. But have fun and don't stress about it too much, one meal won't hinder your progress. You may see some water weight gain the next day however because of all the salt.

Edit to add: https://www.buffalowildwings.com/globalassets/pdfs/nutrition-and-allergen-guide-zone-3-2017.pdf
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I usually do the bone-in wings, as they're unbreaded, then do a medium/hot sauce with them.

Unfortunately, I've found the salads at BWW absolutely atrocious, so I usually just get wings with celery and carrots and a diet coke. It's a pretty bad restaurant for low-calorie options.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Check their website :) i order my sauce on the side because i like light sauce and can control the amt
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Their boneless wings are actually pretty dangerous, so I would do a rub or just plain. I actually get their naked grilled tenders, pick a sauce to dip in. 6 of those naked tenders are 280 calories before sauce. I also get the sauce on the side to give more control over how much sauce I eat. It's rough with wings because they can douse them in sauce, even when you tell them to keep it light!
  • Thr33N1N3
    Thr33N1N3 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    https://buffalowildwings.com/globalassets/pdfs/nutrition-and-allergen-guide-zone-3-2017.pdf

Found this on their site.
    0cskq13pkkog.jpg

Looks like I only clipped some of the larges. The smalls have about half the calories.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Before you go I would have an apple or something so you are not starving when you arrive and maybe a couple glasses of water. I am living in Texas and portions are huge when I go out. This may sounds tacky but I carry a collapsible container and/or zip lock bags. I figure out my portion control before I eat and save the rest for later. I love to study the menu prior, visualize what I want to order and stick with it. Lately I have been ordering club soda and lemon for drinks. If I don't make a big deal out of it no one else seems to notice. I agree with others, ask for extra carrots and celery but watch the dip. No matter how good I am there always seems to be a bit of a transient scale gain next day after eating out but after watching salt intake for a couple of days it goes down. Went for Thai food NY's eve, had steamed mix vegetables in a coconut sauce...was up 2 lbs next day even though CI were less than CO. It took a couple of days to get back down from where I was.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    My SO swears by their salads. He says that since the salads are rarely ordered, they try to make them extra good.

The issue is that my standard for 'extra good' is "fewer calories" and his is "more food". SO be careful with the salads. I'd get something grilled instead
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    My SO swears by their salads. He says that since the salads are rarely ordered, they try to make them extra good.

The issue is that my standard for 'extra good' is "fewer calories" and his is "more food". SO be careful with the salads. I'd get something grilled instead

You must have a better BWW than I, because the salads I've had there are literally the worst restaurant salads I've had in my life.
  • dorcon
    dorcon Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I get the bone-in with salt and vinegar rub and log it as a naked wing since the rub has few calories. The boneless have a lot of breading so will be more calories. Then I fill up on on carrots and celery.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Naked Tenders with sauce on side is usually what I get. You can also have them add a rub to the chicken and forgo the sauce. Hot Wing Sauce is pretty much the only luxury I allow myself, so I just eat a smaller amount. Then maybe steal a few of my BF's fries. I usually order 4, maybe eat 3. For me they are filling...
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »

You must have a better BWW than I, because the salads I've had there are literally the worst restaurant salads I've had in my life.

*Apparently* we do. I haven't actually been, because I know it'd be a diet killer. He goes all the time for lunch and says the salads are awesome.
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I consider BWW a treat (I love wings in general.) I'll basically just accept the calorie intake before going there- which I'm trying to cutback my frequency. My wife swears by the salads- I have never ordered salad at a wing place haha!

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love BWW. I always get the 4 Naked Tenders. Sometimes I eat them plain, sometimes I use a little honey mustard. And if I'm really hungry, I'll add an extra Veggie Boat. But, I find the chicken to be really filling.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love the salt and vinegar wings. YUM.
  • bstyles1985
    bstyles1985 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    a
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There is nothing healthy about boneless deep fried buffalo wings. It's ok to have a cheat meal every now and then so just enjoy yourself tonight and get back on track tomorrow. Don't make this a habit though.

OP doesn't mention anything about "healthy" in her post, she's specifically asking about calories and how not to go "super crazy" with them.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    There is nothing healthy about boneless deep fried buffalo wings. It's ok to have a cheat meal every now and then so just enjoy yourself tonight and get back on track tomorrow. Don't make this a habit though.

OP doesn't mention anything about "healthy" in her post, she's specifically asking about calories and how not to go "super crazy" with them.

Lol. I don’t go to b dubs for healthy. I go for the flavors
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So that's what I ended up doing. I just ate whatever all my friends ate and tried to log everything. I also tried to save a lot of calories for dinner yesterday. I had 985 calories left for the day by the time I made it to dinner. I had 8 or 9 boneless wings with the following sauces (Parmesean Garlic, Honey Bourbon, Asian Ginger, and Spicy Garlic), I had one mozzarella stick, and I had a ton of celery and carrots from the veggie boat. Tried to keep a balance, and didn't get any French fries, eat any of the onion rings, or any of the other appetizers. I did suggest a dry rub - but the other two people who were with me, didn't want to try it... so I just went with the sauce. I ate slow, drank a lot of water, ate a lot of veggies, over all, I didn't feel too yucky today. I also didn't go over my calories if I measured correctly. All we can do is try I guess!