5’9+ Women support group

Options
Hey there! I’m 5’11, 26 years old and my weight has fluctuated quite a bit over the last year. 168-150-155-165-170. At 170 I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. My goal is 135, yes, I know that’s quite slim for my height but I’m a chef and bound to add back 5-10 lbs over the years.

I find it hard to get motivation and support from people who don’t have similar body types. Anyone else tall and trying to lose weight?

Replies

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 10 but my goal weight is where you are at now, I started at 336lb , 298 last i checked and aiming to get to 175lb because that is where I feel good and would give me a BMI of 25. I am a large build in general, big hands, big feet. I am happy to keep some curves, loose skin would be really bad if I got down to a low weight. I am losing weight ok. I eat really big portions of salad and veg with my main meals to bulk them up so i get more munching for my calories.
  • llarian
    llarian Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'9.5" here, weighing in at 187.5, looking to go 140s if possible. I eat breakfast and lunch only for the most part, snacking around dinner if I really need to eat. I lost 15lb last January by logging and I'm going to recapture my success.
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and am at 173 at the moment. My goal is mid 150's which puts me at about 18% body fat. A goal weight is so specific and personal, it is hard to compare, even at a similar height. I focus on heavy lifting, so using body fat % is much more important to me than what the scale tells me. I know I have lean body mass right now of about 130#. Granted this was almost 25 years ago, but when I graduated college I weighed less than 130#. I know that if I want to be strong, I will never weigh 130# again.
  • wonder_whitters
    wonder_whitters Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5’11 here. 20lbs to lose. Anyone is welcome to add me! ❤️
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    Options
    I'm almost 5'10 (5'9.75 lol.) My goal is 165 for sure, possibly between 150-165, but I'll decide once I get there. I'm down 55 with 70 more to go.

HW 290, CW 235, GW 165
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m 5,9 and weigh 250 goal weight is 175lbs. And to think when I was 175lbs I thought I was to heavy.
  • dlhatch67
    dlhatch67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with @swingsnatchlift. I'm 5'9" and 133 lbs (on maintenance, not trying to lose). All the replies to this thread demonstrate that even at similar heights, we all have different body types. I can't change my swimmer's figure (small boobs, flat bum), but I can focus on toning my muscles and challenging myself with various cardio exercises.
    Make 2018 the year you love your work in progress.
  • aqb727
    aqb727 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and around 200 lbs... Was at my lightest at 168 lbs a few years ago. Would like to get back down to at least 175. Used to do weight Watchers, but last time I tried I couldn't stick to it. Need help staying motivated!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and about 205 right now,lowest I've ever been was 170 (like in high school) so now trying to work my way down to a normal BMI first, 168, then go from there!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'11" lost 70 lbs last year and fell off the wagon between Halloween and New years, up 12.5 as of this morning. Still down a bunch overall tho! Want to keep the momentum going in the right direction. I'm currently 242.5 and want to get to onder-land at a minimum - after that we'll see.