Tips appreciated

Options
Looking to hopefully drop 25 pounds of fat and gain 10 in muscle by April if possible. Gonna try cardio 3 days a week and eating low carb higher protein. Any tips appreciated.

Replies

• bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    More cardio should help you get there for sure. More protein should do the trick but don’t lose too much carbs as you will need those for the cardio
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    aside from cardio what are you doing? are you doing a progressive strength program (stronglifts, wendler)
  • joshjones123193
    joshjones123193 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do push-ups sit-ups and pull-ups. After that I do 30 minutes of kettle bell workouts.
  • BootBabe13
    BootBabe13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When you are doing your cardio constantly change up what type of cardio you are doing and the intensity (intervals, steady state, tabata) made a huge difference for me
  • mlh2018
    mlh2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was in the best shape I have ever been. I love swimming but I’m not much of a run or bike person. So when it came to cardio I found a lot of success in HIIT work outs. They helped me shred fat and I didn’t have to do hours of cardio a day. I really liked doing them on the treadmill with switching between incline and speed.
  • azyaria1
    azyaria1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started following a ketogenic diet (Low Carb, Moderate Protein, High Fat).

I lost 12 lbs over the past 15 days - and that's without any exercise. I am personally loving it because i'm never hungry.

For the first week, I started myself at 2,000 calories and set my macros so its 5% carbs, 75% fat, 20% protein. After week 1, I noticed I wasn't always eating the full 2,000 but would snack because i had the calorie surplus, so I changed my goal to 1,800 calories.

If you are interested, this was a great guide: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto