YMCA???

Options
I started going to the Y...anyone else:smooched:

Replies

• cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love my YMCA. Can't get enough of the place or the people there!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Y! For me it may cost just a little more than some of the other gyms around me, but totally worth it b/c I feel like people go there to actually work out and get fit, vs some places that seem more like a singles club.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the Y! I've had a membership there for almost a year now and love the facilities compared to some of the other ones in my area. I feel super comfortable there...
  • change_happens
    Options
    I used to work for the YMCA as well as being a member. You have made an excellent choice. Not to mention they are very family friendly and the cost for a family membership can't be beat :)
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    Love the pool at our Y. The price is great also!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's fun to stay at the YMCA.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love the Y. There is one a block away from where I work, so I usually go there at lunch to work out. The company I work for pays my membership if I go 10 or more times a month, which is easy for me to do, Free gym membership....awesome!!!
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a YMCA member and I am fortunate enough to live across the street from the Y. I like the staff and variety of options available for working out.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I use the YMCA and love the fact that everything is included (mostly) for the membership. Also the fact that they have all the activities for my son! :flowerforyou:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I just got a membership for me and my 4 kids...we love it, so far all I have done is swim but can't wait to check out the fitness/weight room
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    We love our Y too. Weights, swimming pool, indoor track, child care, classes...I'm sure I'm leaving something out. I'll cut the cable before we give up our Y membership.

We use it more in the winter. But they have a nice water park we've been using through out the summer.

I will also say most of the other patrons pretty serious about their work-outs too. But notice I said most.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Y! For me it may cost just a little more than some of the other gyms around me, but totally worth it b/c I feel like people go there to actually work out and get fit, vs some places that seem more like a singles club.

I teach at one of those fitness/singles clubs and in order to get to the women's locker room you have to first parade yourself down the isle of treadmills and ellipticals that are filled with men who seem to be strategically positioned for the best views... and let me say if def feels like you are "on display" Not to mention I teach aqua in the pool area and I am constantly seeing guys hanging out around the sauna and the hot tub to check out the people in the pool.
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was a member, then became a certified instructor at my Y. I have taught there for 8 years!! Love the members and the staff!
  • cpfmrp
    cpfmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When we first got our membership we went like five times a week.... then it turned into once a week.

Now we are starting to go more... Yay!!
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Head over heels
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We love our YMCA!! The kids and I take classes there, we swim at the pools, and sometimes we just go to hang out, especially in the winter.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have a YMCA family membership. Overall I'm very happy with it. My only complaint is the hours. They don't open until 5AM and they close at 5pm on Sunday. I'm thinking about joining, just for myself, one of those 24 hour places! :o)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    joined this week and i am LOVING it.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love the Y have lost almost 50 pounds since I joined in Feb.