Hi, I'm Amanda

Options
My name is Amanda and I am 29 years old and I would like to drop my weight that I have gained throughout my adult life. I have exercised and I just can’t drop the weight (my GW is 150 ish). So I figured if I write down what I eat I will be on my track to loosing the weight (paying more attention to what I eat etc). I am really looking forward to meeting new people that are going through the same weight issues that I am going through. Any tips or advice I am all ears. :happy:

Replies

• chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know you are going to love it!

My advice is to go through the message boards and add people who inspire you. That's how I made friends, and they have been a constant support to me throughout my journey!
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    Good Luck! I know you can do it if you just stay focused. I have been faithful to this site since May 15th. I have done really well. I have exercised and stayed @ the 1200 calorie p/day mark for the majority of the time period. I have lost over 17 lbs and couldnt really tell you how many inches. This site just makes you so aware of how many calories you consume in a day. You can add me as a friend if you would like. Best of Luck!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi amanda, just loggin the food in your diary is a good start,. Most of us think we don`t eat too much. I remember telling that to the doctor when he told me I was `obese` but a lot of things I thought were good, from slimming world `baked potatoes` were one of them, are a lot of cals.
    Make sure you plan your day, this works for me, then any calories you have left add them to your `snacks`

Good luck hun x
  • hannahcf
    hannahcf Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck - you can add me as a friend if you would ike to.
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and trying to lose the weight I gained after graduating highschool. College did a real doozie on me in terms of weight and am now trying to lose mine also. How much weight total are you looking to lose? Just started using this site, but before then I had already lost 14 lbs and I'm looking to lose a good chunk more. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda and welcome. Tracking is a big key. U could do this