Today Was...Bad

Options
Last night I ended up eating 2 cookies then stuffing out on Wendys late at night with friends because we were all super stressed. I got two hours of sleep and have eaten horribly today too, and im too tired to go to the gym! Im afraid that this one day of high sodium, high calories, and high carbs is going to set me back after all the good I did this week. =(

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    What's done is done! Brush yourself off and get right back on track! Don't beat yourself over it!! It's what we do MOST of the time that counts! Occasional "bad" wont undo all the "good". :wink:
  • wendywoo73
    Options
    I know how hard it can be some days, I have a 4 month old son and eating without thinking or control is the norm, everyone has a bad day and if you're sure you've been good the rest of the week, perhaps you'll have a surprise on the scales when you weigh in. Be positive because it'll cloud tomorrow too which is a slippery slope! :)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow get to the gym...take a walk...move some how. Don't let stress win, don't let the food win!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

YOU are worth it!

We all have set backs, the most important thing with a set back is how you deal with it and what you do next.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It's ok, we ALL have bad days!!! Just get back on track tomorrow! :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It's ok, we ALL have bad days!!! Just get back on track tomorrow! :)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've found that having the occasional (not more than once every 10-14 days) screwup actually helps me lose weight. My body is all, WTH is going on here?!? And I drop a pound after having stayed the same for a couple of weeks.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. One bad day won't kill you. In fact, it may help your body not feel like you're in starvation mode and HELP you with weight loss. That being said, it has to be the exception and not the rule. If that's so, you're good to go. Good luck, you can do it!!:smile:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    That's usually how it starts...2 cookies in and suddenly more junk comes into play lol

You can't change what happened and I think it'll be ok. Work extra hard this week and you'll be fine! EVERYONE messes up. But those who are strong will not let it get to them and learn a lesson from it all! :smile:
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day too. I can't exercise much at the moment but I did 15 mins of quite high intensity. It didn't burn off all the extra calories but it has burned of some so the damage is less. Perhaps do what I did and burn off some of the extra and start again fresh tomorrow. We all have bad days, we just have to get back on track as soon as possible and try and minimise any damage. You can do it, it's a new day tomorrow. :smile:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It'll be ooookay. Make tomorrow a better day. :smile:

What's cool about tomorrow is that it's a new day.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    what i try to do is just take a deep breath and say ok i messed up, and then immediately move on and start again like it didnt happen
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Remember, this is a LIFEstyle change, not a "diet. Thinking of one day where you fall off the wagon as a failure and not as "a special treat" has more of an affect on your psychi then on your actual waistline. Just remember, it's all about balance. "Cheating" or "failing" are negative words that will bring you down, use this as a way to put a positive note to a less than balanced day: "I rewarded myself for all my hard work today with a few treats and for the rest of the week I'll work extra hard to reach my goal for this month".
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Two slices Deep Dish Chicago Pizza, my kgbDeals voucher was expiring today and the lure of eating out was just too much. First time I'd eaten out since I started this thing. (This place is almost as good as the real thing from Geno's East) :(

And no gym time to boot :(:( If I did, I'd actually still be under goal.

Oh well, add 1500 calories for dinner and be done with it and accept the overage. I'll treat it as a treat, and it sure was good going down.