For those tracking calories by weekly totals - where do you find these numbers?

I occasionally eat over or under my daily calorie allowance through out the week and was thinking it might be easier to start tracking my weekly calorie allowance instead of a daily allowance. Where is the best place to find this info? I found where previous week reports are but not a current running total. I'd like to see, at any given day, how many calories I have left for the week. Anyone advice for tracking calories weekly is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018
    on the app, from the menue go to nutrition, and you can see a bar graph of your calories for the week and average intake over a couple days

if you just eat according to how you feel then paying attention that may be your best bet. If you follow a specific schedule (eat less on weekdays so you have more on weekends) it might be worth setting your daily goal according to your week day allowance, and then adding the extra calories you banked for the weekend as a negative food adjustment or exercise so you diary can do the math for you.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    I’m not sure there’s an way that is calculated for us. I’ve never found it. I use a calculator lol. There is a running bar graph but there is no total for the days consumed. Barring the weekly report.

Unless I’m missing something.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Go in to your food diary, scroll down to the nutritional information tab, click it.
    Then change the drop down menu to weekly.
    Scroll all the way down past the bar graph and it gives you how many calories you have left for the week.
    It is only on the app not the website version.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Go in to your food diary, scroll down to the nutritional information tab, click it.
    Scroll all the way down past the bar graph and it gives you how many calories you have left for the week.

*runs to explore*

• JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    MFP emails me a weekly summary link
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Either in the app (android for sure, not sure about ios), or in my excel spreadsheet which does the math and tracks my running totals/averages for me.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member

I use mine daily, just to look for trends and see how my week is shaping up. I eat more on weekends so it helps balance out
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited January 2018
    I just use a Google Sheet on my phone. I have it do the math for me. Here's an example of my Xmas week - I knew I'd be over-eating for a few days so I balanced them out with lower calorie days, for a daily average of about 1550. Still above my goal but not by too much.

5xcnrko33g4t.jpg

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Excel spreadsheet. It's what I did when I tracked by the week.