Coffee or Diet Coke ?

Options
Help what should I give up first coffee with cream and sugar coffee with nonfat milk and equal or Diet Coke ? I want to give up one and then slowly get rid of the other which would you give up first?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Jolenerob wrote: »
    Help what should I give up first coffee with cream and sugar coffee with nonfat milk and equal or Diet Coke ? I want to give up one and then slowly get rid of the other which would you give up first?

As others have said, you don't have to give them up to lose weight - just fit it into your calories.

If you want to though, you want to reduce them slowly to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar. Thst way you are cutting back on calories. If you are trying to cut down on caffeine, my suggestion is to take one less serving for two or three days, then cut out another serving until you are down to half a serving every couple days to prevent caffeine withdrawal headaches.Once you realize you are forgetting your drinks then you obviously don't need them anymore.
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Which is your favourite? Can you give that up first and "reward" yourself with the second option instead? Or would you rather keep your favourite and ditch the other one first?

Personally I'd suggest giving up the coffee, since it is both higher in calories and caffeine than the Diet Coke.

Why do you drink coffee, other than for caffeine? Is it the warmth, taste, break from work to go and make one? You may be fine quitting completely without a replacement, but consider whether it might help to replace it with something else. You could try herbal teas (for warmth and flavour) or refilling your mug with cold water at the times you would usually get a coffee (so you still get a break from your desk)
  • Debra_LMB
    Debra_LMB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Coke...more than coffee...much more...I am a guzzler in fact. My husband always says that it's a good thing I don't drink beer! I could easily give up the coffee, but never my Diet Coke. Just for the record, I do get in my requirement of water each day.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You don’t need to give up either but the acidity of coke is super bad for your tooth enamel so I’d go for that ^^’
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream may have loads of calories, diet coke hardly any. No brainer which to give up if you want to loose weight!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Coffees can be calorie bombs if you add cream and sugar. If I wasn't able to drink black coffee I would give it up first because I would like to free up those calories. Diet coke is terrible but at least it doesn't have calories. I would advise you to drop the diet coke and learn to love your coffee black.

I agree with this.
    If you can't drink your coffee black, learn to like it dark with no sugar.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest starting with whichever you like the least.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Another vote for neither. There is nothing wrong with either (although you should track the calories carefully in the cream and sugar if you add them to your coffee) and completely cutting out what you love in the name of health or weight loss or whatever can be difficult to sustain long term.