Quick add option

Options
Hi I am only tracking calories at this point. Is there a quick add option to just quickly log your foods name and calories to your daily log? I see “my foods” but it ask for serving size ect

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, it is literally called quick add and it just allows you to just add a number of calories.

its in the 3 little dots top right of the screen when you're in the meal you want to add to (lunch, or snacks or whatever)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    how are you gong to quick add the calories if you dont know the serving size/ weight?

just .... do it correctly. it will help you learn sustainable habits that will help you lose weight in the long run. it really doesnt take much time once you get into the habit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 5 years and only use quick add when I know the calories for something and I'm too lazy to look in the database for it (yogurt cups, granola bars etc), or when I'm eating out and eyeballing (but I can get away with that because I've been logging for 5 years and I know how many calories are typically in what by now).

If you're starting though, you want to be as accurate as possible... it means using the database to figure out how many calories are in your portion of food (and using a food scale if possible).
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I only use quick add. But I measure and weigh my food and meals ahead of time. I research calorie counts because the myfitnesspal data base is user updated so sometimes the calorie amounts are not correct.