Newbie in need of support buddies

Options
I am a multi failed dieter (I start every Monday, the first of the month and of course New years day (which this year hit all 3 criteria :D:))) However I tend to fall off the wagon on day 2 and there goes another weeks dieting. I have 4 + stone to lose and I want to get to know others trying to achieve the same so we can support each other.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Stop thinking of it as a diet, diet tends to implies restriction and temporary. Make changes that you can stick to over time.

I had around 5 stone to lose, I am down around 2 and half now, I haven't made any particularly drastic changes, and the first 4 months I didn't pay any particular attention to my nutrition beside trying to increase my protein to maintain my muscle. I just concentrated solely on calorie deficit. Most of this was solved by weighing out higher calorie foods to determine proper serving sizes and reduced the amount of oil I was using in cooking. I still had takeaway once a week, went out eating or drinking with friends and ate more or less the same foods that I always have.

My favourite weight loss quote is "Weight loss: it isn't easy but it is simple!"

I have some tips on my website for getting started (personal blog, no selling) https://www.exercisenotextrafries.com/myfitnesspal-tips
  • rachypurplepants
    rachypurplepants Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm always looking for a support buddy too! I have lost and gained quite a bit over the years and am back here doing a biggest loser challenge at work and challenging myself to get back to my ideal weight. I have a long way to go till I'm there and could use a support buddy. I found that not thinking about it as a diet but as a lifestyle has worked better too. It's mostly about making better choices and really knowing my portions. I found having a food scale with me at work and premeasuring my snacks etc was best. I'm not sure what the conversion of a stone is in weight terms but I'm looking to lose 60+ pounds.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I'm always looking for a support buddy too! I have lost and gained quite a bit over the years and am back here doing a biggest loser challenge at work and challenging myself to get back to my ideal weight. I have a long way to go till I'm there and could use a support buddy. I found that not thinking about it as a diet but as a lifestyle has worked better too. It's mostly about making better choices and really knowing my portions. I found having a food scale with me at work and premeasuring my snacks etc was best. I'm not sure what the conversion of a stone is in weight terms but I'm looking to lose 60+ pounds.

A stone is 14lbs
  • ben24yorks
    ben24yorks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need a support buddy, have got another 3 stone to lose and about 10% fat, so a long way to go
  • Athena4274
    Athena4274 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI check out this program by Amanda Tress, it is awesome and has worked wonders for me. You get daily accountability and support from Amanda, her team and people like me who all want to get healthier and fit. It is totally worth it and you use MFP to help track your eating. This is not a diet, you don't give up carbs or fats or proteins. It is balanced eating to support a healthier you. All fitness levels can do this. If you use the link to sign up, I do get a referral credit. However, once you see your success and start telling your friends about it you can get referral credit as well.
    She gives you recipe suggestions, all of which are preloaded in MFP as well as daily workouts. The workouts progress as you do. They are different each day and no boring videos or some crazy person yelling at you over and over and over. You don't need a gym membership either.
    Post back here about your success if you sign up. After 6 weeks I was down 6.5 pounds and 4 inches off just my mid section.

Check it out!

Info page link
    https://fasterway.samcart.com/referral/nwhCcoUv/O53l1CTpFpSc04yI

https://fasterway.samcart.com/referral/8pmTeBth/O53l1CTpFpSc04yI