Do large breasts account for a higher BF %?

Options
Question's in the title!

My BF % is much higher than I thought it would be- just wondering if my Ds would have anything to do with that, or if I'm just delusional.

Genuinely curious :D

Thanks!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Considering they are almost all fat stores, yes. But that doesn't mean one isn't overfat otherwise.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    How was your body fat measured?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your BF%?

• running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It was measured via BIA (bioelectrical impedance analysis), so I think it was pretty accurate!

(It was almost 10 months ago, but I haven't changed that much).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    BIA is actually often quite inaccurate.
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that does sound complicated @cmriverside

I don't actually care how much they weigh. I'm just pissed about my body fat % because I'm an athlete and it's way too high, but my breasts really are huge.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The dexa scans and the like can tell you where your fat is stored, if you really want answers.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hahaha that does sound complicated @cmriverside

I don't actually care how much they weigh. I'm just pissed about my body fat % because I'm an athlete and it's way too high, but my breasts really are huge.

48DD here, so I feel ya
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My anecdotal evidence will be I also have Ds and when measured by BIA I get 19% which I feel is lower than how I look. So it’s all a wash and we can believe nothing. Except for how much you weigh in the morning.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm an f cup, so I know how it is. my fitbit scale says i have 40 percent body fat but I have a feeling that is very wrong. I'm 5'7", female and 160 lbs. While I know I have some fat to lose, I think 40 is way too high considering my bmi is 25. Maybe 30-35 percent is more right.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine even having relatively big'uns throws things off all that drastically...I mean surely the Powers That Be have noticed by this point that women have breasts and have accounted for same.

Of not, then BF% is totally bogus so why worry about it?

I have giant hooters and trust me, I know when, south of them, I am fat, and when I'm not.

If you're sure you're healthy and that the BF estimate must be wrong then just go with that, and keep on keepin' on. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It was measured via BIA (bioelectrical impedance analysis), so I think it was pretty accurate!

(It was almost 10 months ago, but I haven't changed that much).

BIA are one of the least accurate ways to measure body fat. Try not to overthink it.