Looking for tips on exercises I can do at home

Options
Joined this today, looking to loose a couple of stone and maintain a weight I am happy with. Does anyone have any exercises that’s great for loosing weight and toning up at the same time that I can do at home

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    There's a million videos on youtube for home workouts.

All the same here;s a few exercises:

Pushups
    Bodyweight squats
    Lunges
    Planks
    Jump rope
    Burpees

Buy an exercise band and you can do lots of things.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions above. It's hard to beat calisthenics.

What type of workout were you thinking of? DVD/video, machines, structured progressive program or just random workouts. How much room do you have? How much money do want to spend? Is noise from music or jumping an issue?
  • jaa0001
    jaa0001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of 10-30 min videos on YouTube. Try Pilates or look for Tabata workouts. These are short, intense and will really help. However, they won't do it alone, diet is the real key (and the big I struggle with), hence I'm logging calories every day. After years of yo-yo dieting I'm convinced it is small adjustments one day at a time to change lifestyle. Just my thoughts...best of luck!
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com is my favorite at home workout go to. All free and all great.
  • ingebaby
    ingebaby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone new walk at home program. Many videos to watch on line it helped me so much to get up and move. Offer anything from 15 to 6o min depending on what time you have available
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    are you into anything specific from the viewpoint of stability or strength? i mean, any workout will give you that in some form, but your overall goal seems pretty general. a friend of mine chose nerd fitness when she was ready to add strength stuff to her weight loss progress.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I just love the RBG Workout. I already had some hand weights, a 5 foot long exercise band, and I got a longer band from my neighbor, so I didn't have to buy anything other than the $10 book.

It recommends a yoga ball, but I just used a chair. It also recommends a thingy to hold the door, but I just use my feet. (I need the longer strap and the door for the exercise that is an at-home version of the lat pull-down machine.)