Hi! I am a newbie (kind of).

Options
I joined a few months ago. I haven't been very consistent with exercising or eating right. What words of advice would you give to someone who needs motivation. I need to get back on track.

Replies

• mlxander
    Options
    I joined a few months ago. I haven't been very consistent with exercising or eating right. What words of advice would you give to someone who needs motivation. I need to get back on track.
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always remind myself of the short-term and long-term goals I'm trying to achieve. Also, I'm down 10 pounds and I like how I feel and look which is a really big motivator for me. I was really ill last year and the fact that I'm up and running again is a blessing. What are your goals? What are you trying to achieve? Get started and hang in there...

123620.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    The thing that got me here was being sick and tired of being sick and tired. For me, I had to really hit bottom with the weight/fat thing:sad: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Just do it one day! Drink lots of water, clean out your cupboards and fridge, replace junk-food with good stuff. That was my start. I didn't even exercise til I had my food situation "cleaned up". Out with the bad and in with the good!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Did I mention drink lots of water, LOL!!! denise PS I drink 96 oz a day. Best part of my "diet":wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I weighed on December 31st 2008 and I weighed 292, the heaviest I have ever weighed in my whole entire life and I made up my mind right then and there that I wasn't going to weigh 300 pounds and I no longer wanted to weigh 200 pounds. I have tried many many times to lose weight to lose weight by counting fat grams, and i just felt too hungry with that and the weight I lost with that I just gained back and then some b/c I got discouraged and quit. I have never been so determined in all my life. You can read my full story on my profile if you want to. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. My advise to you is drink your water, all of it, make sure you exercise, and stay within the 2500 mg of sodium they recommend, because too much sodium will make you retain water, I just found this out this week.
  • mlxander
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm starting out with 30 min. of cardio. Part of my problem in the past I believe is that I set these wonderful big goals for myself only to get discouraged. So, "slow and steady" is my new goal. I am still working on drinking more water. Thanks again.