New Year, New Me!

Options
Joining the January bandwagon :smile:

The NHS says the upper limit of the healthy weight band for my height is 190 lbs, I'm currently 254 lbs and aiming for 200 lbs

Starting to log my food. Not really sure where to start in terms of an exercise plan (there's so many out there). Prefer not to go to a gym, and have a stationary bike and dumbbells at home.

Replies

• Beruskoni
    Beruskoni Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Learn from others mistakes - don’t push yourself especially at the beginning. You’ll burn out sooner than you think. Good job on taking the first step of deciding to fight
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I have lost more since I quit the gym and got some weights at home. In the first 6 months I lost 20lbs with my calorie deficit and just walking and weight lifting for health/exercise.

My start weight was the same as yours and I aiming for around 185lbs initially. Currently around 225lbs (bit of Christmas bloat still going on, was at around 220 before Christmas).

Focus on your food logging accuracy for weight loss and the exercise to maintain your muscle and for cardio health.
  • scottyukmfp
    scottyukmfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost more since I quit the gym and got some weights at home. In the first 6 months I lost 20lbs with my calorie deficit and just walking and weight lifting for health/exercise.

My start weight was the same as yours and I aiming for around 185lbs initially. Currently around 225lbs (bit of Christmas bloat still going on, was at around 220 before Christmas).

Focus on your food logging accuracy for weight loss and the exercise to maintain your muscle and for cardio health.

Do you follow any particular home weight routine?
  • nickperry2009
    nickperry2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi buddie simular sort of posistion as me thats my goal to get under 200
  • SeaMist18
    SeaMist18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just started would love some buddies to help me stay on track.
  • scottyukmfp
    Options
    Hi buddie simular sort of posistion as me thats my goal to get under 200

Then let's be friends :smile:
  • scottyukmfp
    Options
    Good morning all!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options

Do you follow any particular home weight routine?

@scottyukmfp initially I used HASFIT's beginner strength training and low impact cardio videos. Now I am doing C25K 2-3 days per week and doing strength training 2-3 days per week, I normally split upper body and lower body.

I highly recommend the HASFIT channel on Youtube. They have a great calendar based workout program for Beginners and upwards.