Fibromyalgia and alot of weight to go!

Options
Hello everyone, im just starting my weight loss journey. I have severe fibromyalgia, so exercising can be an issue :( . I have alot of weight to lose so looking for friends that are in the same boat.

Im 37, from the uk.

Replies

• ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am also struggling with what is most likely Fibromyalgia. Feel free to add me, I am 21 from the U.S but I can definitely relate with what you are going through.
  • bmcgov92
    bmcgov92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow fibro warriors! I'm 25 from the us and had lost 12 lbs doing weight watchers but it was getting to expensive so I'm hoping I can continue my weightloss using mfp. Exercise is definitely a struggle for me between the pain and the fatigue ☹ so any tips for physical activity would be great
  • marniee14
    marniee14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mum2two17 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, im just starting my weight loss journey. I have severe fibromyalgia, so exercising can be an issue :( . I have alot of weight to lose so looking for friends that are in the same boat.

Im 37, from the uk.

Hi. I also have severe Fibromyalgia. As well as a few other things that tend to go hand and hand with it. I developed it after a car accident in January 2015. I've since had to stop working and I spend my time going to the YMCA to do water exercises 3 times a week. And I watch a lot of Netflix.
    I'm married I have an adult son who's 18 and a 10 year old son. I've always been overweight but since developing fibromyalgia I've gained a lot more.
    I've been logging in 100 days now as of this post and I've lost about 40 pounds. I have over 100 more pounds to lose. I was 326 pounds when I started this time.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have Fibro, but it is much better now. I swim, but I started with 300 steps a day and built up from there.
  • SherryAnnGillisBarney1966
    Options
    I have fibro also.

Goal is to get healthy.

I am at 222lbs heading toward 160.

I went to Mayo's Pain Rehabilitation Program. I gotten out of the habit of many of the things they taught me.

I can really tell the difference if I do not do my morning stretches.

I am trying to maintain and increase my activity level bit by bit.
  • imabit2lil
    imabit2lil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lupus and fibromyalgia too!! My doctor gave me cortisol shots in my knees and I have been using the 30 day fitness challenge app and i already lost 5lbs.

I try to walk at least 4x. A week either outside or on the treadmill (at the gym). And if I'm feeling up to it i may jog for like 5 minutes. Sometimes I suprise myself and run for longer!

I do like 2 sets of 10 of incline pushups since i cant do a real push up. And i do as many wall pushups as i can at least 4x a week and i do walls sits for 10 seconds and planks for 20!

I say all this to say please start small. And be consistent. Results HAVE to show when you are consistently doing what you havent been doing this whole time. I keep telling myself that and i feel myself getting stronger

Also i use menthol bath bubbles to soothe my pain and a heating pad. And tramadol and naproxen for pain