Stay at home mom

Options
jyn992000
jyn992000 Posts: 43 Member
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids ages 14,7,and 1.5. I have completely let myself go. I'm currently at 236 lbs and only 5'3. I'm from Mississippi. If any moms would like to connect and help motivate each other feel free to add me. My hardest part is making myself accountable and staying on track. I would love to get down to a size 8 or so. Currently I'm a 22. Long way to go.

Replies

• Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have four kids (11,9,7 and 2). My weight has ballooned to about 190. I can't bear to get on the scale, so I'm not really sure how much I weigh. I need accountability and I need to figure out how to kick start the motivation and power through when motivation evaporates.
    Maybe we can motivate each other?!?
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Stay at home momma here also from Mississippi!
  • jyn992000
    Options
    I have four kids (11,9,7 and 2). My weight has ballooned to about 190. I can't bear to get on the scale, so I'm not really sure how much I weigh. I need accountability and I need to figure out how to kick start the motivation and power through when motivation evaporates.
    Maybe we can motivate each other?!?

Yes! I need all the motivation I can get. I will do my best to help and support your goals as well.
  • nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom with two kids , 11 and 2 .
    Gained back all the weight I lost after my pregnancy. Have to lose 30 kg
    Feel free to add me
    Cheers from Canada
  • jyn992000
    Options
    I think one of the hardest things for me is since I am home, I am always wanting to snack.
  • rwernick87
    rwernick87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mum , 3 kids 9,5 and 7 months. Desperately need to lose weight my goal is 4st. Good luck everyone
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    4 kiddos here (8,6,4,2), SAHM homeschooling Mom in SW TN. You can do it, ladies! Just sending out an encouraging note. I lost my baby weight and more.

OP, I noticed you said you “let yourself go”—it’s so easy to put our kids and husband’s needs first and end up running on empty and snacking on leftover kid food. It sounds so cheesy, but putting your health (& your family’s) first is so important. I plan when I will workout around our schedule, but it’s a non-negotiable event that will happen. It might be early morning, mid morning (thank heaven for a gym with childcare), or early evening, but it happens. That’s just what Mom does. Kids know it, hubs knows it. All know that happy & sane Mom/wife is worth the “inconvenience “. I will say that between working out, kid activities, our own activities and commitments, entertaining, and general errands, we don’t have time left for things like watching tv. So there’s that. But the trade off in health and self confidence are worth it to me.

I’m getting better with meal planning (im vegetarian and everyone else is not), but I always keep reasonably healthy ready meals around for the days I cook them a meat dinner and just can’t be bothered to cook my own. (Yes, I’d be great if we could all eat one meal, but some days I just don’t have the energy to fight the little kids on eating or deal with the cranky). But logging the food and weighing it is, again, just what Mom does (most days!). So again, planning ahead is key. The days when I wing it are generally not good.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I did an experiment a year ago....I wanted to see if just getting my steps in alone would make any difference. We lived in a bad neighborhood in a cold climate in a small apartment and I would wear my fitbit and walk figure 8s around the living room/dining room. I would aim for 15k+ steps a day. I would get up a little bit before the kids, make a cup of coffee and walk around while watching how I met your mother, and I would walk when I talked on the phone and when the kids were watching a show. After one month of really just walking around my living room I had lost like 6lbs and my legs looked so lean and toned.....I repeat....from walking around my living room watching TV lol. Every little bit makes a big difference if you say consistent!
  • jyn992000
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses ladies! It's very encouraging to hear from others.
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM from Kentucky I eat out of boredom I snack & snack all day long I have zero will power when it comes to food but I'm working on changing that now! Staying home all day with practically no adult interaction I really let myself go these past few years, I'm currently 263lbs. Staying motivated and on track long enough to see results is my downfall I always quit and give up, but I'm determined this time around and trying my best to get this extra weight off. Making small changes at first drinking more water, walking for 30 minutes a day even if it's in my living room. Free Feel to add me too if you'd like.