Worried about vacation....

Options
My boyfriend and I are going down to Virginia for vacation and I am scared I'm going to slip up and overeat which would be bad since I only just started on here...

We plan to buy some food for the hotel room at the grocery store to save money so I can probably buy some healthy foods there... But I'm worrying more about when we go out, which we probably will because my boyfriend is so picky and we only have a microwave to work with...

Any help from anyone who's beein the same situation? Thank you so much!

Replies

• robinellis
    Options
    i have gone online and searched as many restaurants as i can find. many have their nutritional information online. i find it wayyyyy easier if i plan ahead so that i don't feel so overwhelmed when i am looking at a menu. i go knowing what i can have and can't and then pick based on my mood at the moment. if you are going somewhere you can't research in advance it is always safe to stick to vegetables, and salads (watch for the hidden fat and calories in gourmet salads though) and lean meats. and it is becoming so pc to be active in your healthy eating that you can often just ask your server about how they are cooking your chicken or such about the nutrition value of the food they are serving. and if all else fails make sure you always have a bottle of water and a baggy of your favourite veggie on hand for those snacky moments.
  • cdubz1991
    cdubz1991 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good advice! Thanks! I'll be sure to do that. :D
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You have a great start, plan ahead! Check out the websites of the restarants you may go to and look at the menu and nutritional guides. Most nice restaruants will substitue vegetables for potatoes, Salads are always great. Take fresh fruit and nuts for snacks to avoid junk food. Be upfront with your boyfriend, that you don't want to gain weight, I am sure he does not want you to either.

You will do great!
  • mmccullough2
    mmccullough2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are planning for this already so I think you'll have success. Stay mostly on the outside aisles of the grocery store where the fresh wholesome (non-processed) foods are.. Choose fresh fruits and vegetables. Stop on the way and het a hearty whole grain bread like "Food for Life's" 7 Sprouted Grains and some nuts for snacking (if you don't have allergies). I think these foods will give you good energy and keep your appetite for snacks and sugary or processed food at a minimum. Remember, this is a vacation, and while it is important to stay on track it's not the end of the world if you share a little microwave popcorn!
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was at the beach for a three week extravaganza and I managed to maintain my weight. I planed ahead when I ate out and I gave myself cheat meals but I made sure I worked out hard enough to makeup for it. Being at a hotel you will have a gym. Make the time to workout extra long 5 out of every 7 days you are on vaca!!!!