Fitbit tracker vs logging exercise

Options
Was wondering what the best way to post steps/exercise.

I have a Fitbit so it tracks my steps and gives me the extra calories in my food but when I log any exercise it also gives me those extra calories for food along with any steps i
Did during the exercise. Not sure what is the best method to keep track to avoid getting double extra calories.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    You need to choice one or the other so like as you said no double calories. Same goes with tracking food, use one or the other. I use MFP for food logging as it has a larger database and just let the tracker adjust for the exercise calories. I do not eat all the calories given for exercise or steps during your day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don't get a double calorie adjustment if you put in the exact time you exercised. MFP will overwrite what Fitbit says you burned in that time frame. But for best results log your food in MFP and log your exercise in Fitbit (many find the burns on there more accurate).
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    The Fitbit will be more reliable than logging exercise on here, especially if your Fitbit tracks your heart rate.