I'm ready to change, but want a friend along the way

Options
All my life I have been over weight and no one knew why until I went to a doctor who figured out I had insulin resistance. He said I was pushing out 300 times the amount of insulin then average and that's why I was over weight. When I was 12 I weighed over 240 lbs. And I have never had the will to change my life and get it back till now. I have a great new Dr. Who has helped me figure out the diet for me and I have successfully lost 15 lbs. With her help, but I lost motivation I felt alone and it was hard. I want to have someone to help motivate me and help me out during this change and that's what I'm looking for. Someone where I can be there for them and them for me.

Replies

• Loodyy82
    Loodyy82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • DoingIt4Me1986
    DoingIt4Me1986 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your more than welcome to add me <3:)
  • lauriemariepea
    lauriemariepea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, milliebobilly -
    I'm new here, too, and starting to make lifestyle changes that leave me feeling hopeful but a little nervous. I've always used food as a comfort, and I'm trying to move away from that to find support in healthier ways. I'd be happy to team up with you - we could support each other. :)
  • yasmin1972
    yasmin1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting here also. You can add me. I have 46 lbs to go and a huge sweet tooth. I could totally use support or even if i have to report my stats to you and vice versa would be great1
  • BlaqueDiamond1989
    BlaqueDiamond1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can be your source of motivation. We all need somebody to help us climb that mountain when we feel we can't go any further. I'll give you a push. You can do it!
  • goli777
    goli777 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,I can use support and motivation also
  • forevermore1177
    forevermore1177 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have insulin resistance along with PCOS feel free to add me, open to all new motivating friends!
  • delena_indar
    delena_indar Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • AprilNewYear18
    AprilNewYear18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please add!
  • becky_shrinks
    becky_shrinks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me to, I’ve tried to lose weight before a bunch of times but the last three years I’ve been like a yo-yo, I’ve got pcos and so with that there’s the insulin resistance
  • fitjourneymama
    fitjourneymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • ursamynor
    ursamynor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me!! I’ve always been heavy and never really understood how it crept up on me. PCOS and insulin resistance has given me a name and now approximately 100lbs to drop.
    I’m a body positive person, really friendly, occasionally funny
  • Monkeyskilledkat
    Monkeyskilledkat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me as well! I have PCOS!
  • activeadriana
    activeadriana Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi I have pcos and over 80lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • tjones30030
    tjones30030 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. On a journey to drop 100 pound's.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies - I see that a bunch of you are new. We have a group of women that are just bunch of ladies of various ages and sizes trying to lose weight together. We do life together. We share on the group thread, have weekly challenges, and have a daily points system that helps us stay on track. We encourage each other to keep going and help each other through hard struggles in this journey. We'd love to have some new members!! Send me a private message and I'll send you an invitation to the group!!
  • RBunneh
    RBunneh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • chasitystiff2325
    chasitystiff2325 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • melipon2166
    melipon2166 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to help keep anyone motivated and get motivation as well. Please add me. My current is 190 goal 150 - so far 8 pounds off. Stay positive - keep learning - and keep moving forward everyday!