Should I drink? What is the point?

Options
Workout4Health
Workout4Health Posts: 447 Member
Indon’t understand drinking. But my cousin and some of my friends are always telling me to relax and have a drink. But every time I do it doesn’t have any euphoric effect on me.

When I drink alcohol I just feel dehydrated. When I smoke weed I feel slow and I forget things and laugh. But at the end of the day I don’t really understand it.

If I buy a girl a drink am I also supposed to get a drink? I just don’t understand it. I only do it because of peer pressure. I feel people are spending money for nothing. Can someone tell me what it is they are getting out of it? The reason I ask is I have tried it numerous times and it doesn’t seem to do anything but make me feel slightly more spacey.

I have gotten drunk before and passed out and don’t really remember it. But in the end I still don’t really get it. Can someone tell me what it is they get out of it? I mean alcohol tastes awful. I just don’t get it but I want to understand.

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    It's not for everyone. It makes me think I'm super cool, sexy and confident. You get a good time out of being drunk. Weed makes food even more amazing so I wouldn't recommend it for a diet but it's great for chronic pain as a painkiller. I think both are overrated but I also see the appeal. The cons outweigh the pros in my opinion.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    One of my very first times in a night club, not knowing what to do my friend and I found two girls just minding their own business. Feeling very brave, we offered to buy them a drink. I still remember, she ordered a Corona. We got the drinks and they walked away with the bevs in hand.

I learned my lesson that day and to this day have never bought a drink for anyone ever again.

Just FYI, she was tallish and had cheek piercings. Not sure if she was my cousin.

You should of gave her $20 she might have kissed you, then if you added her on fb and she liked your posts you would of known if she's the one

Damn it mum :(
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhh.

You can just, like, you know, not drink.
  • CallMeRu
    CallMeRu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Basically, I like the taste. Just like the point of drinking soda, or tea, or juice. If you are old enough to legally drink in most countries, you're probably a legal adult and should be able to handle peer preassure enough to say "no thanks" if you're not in the mood/don't like to drink.
  • eccomi_qui
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Bro, wrap it up.

fqcen7w0y8fv.gif

He hasn’t yet gotten to the point where he needs to discuss which method of birth control is best for tallish women.
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If you want to clone yourself, yes
  • novamagma
    novamagma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For some people alcohol is a nice way to relax and let go, but if abused it can be really dangerous. It is just low grade poison. I say if you don't like it don't drink it, and if anyone tries to force you to drink when you don't want to they're being *ssholes.
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You are the new Chad.
  • eccomi_qui
    Options
    One of my very first times in a night club, not knowing what to do my friend and I found two girls just minding their own business. Feeling very brave, we offered to buy them a drink. I still remember, she ordered a Corona. We got the drinks and they walked away with the bevs in hand.

I learned my lesson that day and to this day have never bought a drink for anyone ever again.

Just FYI, she was tallish and had cheek piercings. Not sure if she was my cousin.

What’s up with all the incest these days... on a serious note though I admit I am guilty of having done this.

Did you used to have cheek piercings @laprimaJenny
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

What’s up with all the incest these days... on a serious note though I admit I am guilty of having done this.

Clearify please?
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you old enough to drink? I thought you were in high school.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Indon’t understand drinking. But my cousin and some of my friends are always telling me to relax and have a drink. But every time I do it doesn’t have any euphoric effect on me.

When I drink alcohol I just feel dehydrated. When I smoke weed I feel slow and I forget things and laugh. But at the end of the day I don’t really understand it.

If I buy a girl a drink am I also supposed to get a drink? I just don’t understand it. I only do it because of peer pressure. I feel people are spending money for nothing. Can someone tell me what it is they are getting out of it? The reason I ask is I have tried it numerous times and it doesn’t seem to do anything but make me feel slightly more spacey.

I have gotten drunk before and passed out and don’t really remember it. But in the end I still don’t really get it. Can someone tell me what it is they get out of it? I mean alcohol tastes awful. I just don’t get it but I want to understand.

I like some alcohol, it relaxes me and I enjoy the taste, it's an indulgence. Not all alcohol, just a a few specific drinks. Maybe you just haven't found a drink that you like yet, not that I'm suggesting you should try to find one.

It's probably healthier to not drink, but I enjoy it.
    I love the taste of a dry red or white wine, a couple of different beers, a few liqueurs and occasionally whiskey.

I don't like pot it makes me paranoid....so I don't smoke it...if you don't like alcohol don't drink it, easy peasy!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    YAY another post.

If you dont see the point. dont be a sheep. dont drink.

I dont see the point in playing a FIFA game. So i dont play it.

But if you are buying a girl a drink, she might be thinking you are trying to get her drunk if you dont buy one for yourself.

giphy.gif