Favorite home workouts

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    In home (inside) - I have a Total Gym and love it. Good workout for the core and upper body. I also have a step (like used for step aerobics) and I use that while watching TV to get in my cardio. I also have dumbbells and resistance bands I use from time to time but I don't like them as much.

Outside - hiking is my favorite, followed closely by gardening and splitting firewood, which I find to be a really great stress reliever, and probably a really good workout for the upper back and arms given how mine feel after doing it for a bit. ;)
  • Gymtime771
    Gymtime771 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome. I am stuck home in a blizzard so need some ideas on what I can do at home. Thank you.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For you or for me? Strong Curves is great. Maybe not so much for you though.. :p
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I assume that you have Internet access, if you do, then your problem is solved.
    Do a search and all the ideas for home workout will blow your mind - good luck.

Here's a tip - youtube.com
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Gymtime771 wrote: »
    Pretty awesome. I am stuck home in a blizzard so need some ideas on what I can do at home. Thank you.

Bodyweight exercises are always an option.
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    @saldersa for me of course haha Smartass. I love pushups and that usually get my blood pumping. Air squads are good too.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    @saldersa for me of course haha Smartass. I love pushups and that usually get my blood pumping. Air squads are good too.

Try one arm/one leg variants of squat/pushup, and elevated/inverted variants.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Haha it depends what you have access to at home. Here are a list of programs, there are bodyweight, dumbbell ones etc
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

For cardio.. I use Beachbody stuff, FitnessBlender, Sworkit on my phone
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a jump rope that I use to jump for 3-5 minutes at a time over the course of the day. Excellent calorie burn for minimal time investment. Not to mention you wake up the next morning wishing you didn't have calves. But that goes away as you adjust.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

I have a few ideas...
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement.. I also do dvds and you tube workouts... as well as resistance bands..
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    YouTube fitness workouts, Wii Just Dance, dumbbells, squats and lunges while watching dumb TV.
  • jesse_323
    jesse_323 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do most everything at the gym but I have a bench, curl bar, and dumbbells at home so I do lots of flys and curls at home mainly
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I've got a rack of KBs. pairs at 15 lbs, 16/24/28/32 kilos and a 97 lb single. So far I haven't found anything I can't do.

2 summers back when I was training seriously, and the largest bell I was regularly using was 24 kilos... on my first time under the bar for squats(ever), did a 340 single.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I only have interchangeable dumbbells and bands for at home circuits.

Light DB Arms/Shoulders
    - Tricep kick backs
    - Arnold presses
    - T and front lift circuit

Heavy DB Arms/Shoulders
    - Bicep curl
    - Hammer curl
    - Shoulder press
    - Alternate shoulder press
    - Tricep lift
    - Chest press
    - Military press

Ab Circuit
    - Crunches
    - Weighted double crunches
    - Scissor kicks
    - Weighted straight leg v-up

Band Work
    - Standing kick back
    - Banded DB squat pulses
    - Kneeling kick back
    - Fire hydrants
    - Clam shells
    - Weighted bridges
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • thenewmeagain18
    thenewmeagain18 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love HASfit on youtube!
  • Gymtime771
    Options
    Thank you, will look into it
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Air squats/lunges superset for 20 minutes, then pushups/pullups for 15. Currently with weighted vest.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk At Home.