Second time loser with (what feels like) a long way to go

Options
Hi :)

So, I've been here and done this all before!

I lost 40+ lbs and felt AMAZING... and then over the past couple of years regained every last one of those lbs. I'm starting again and would love some friends to support me through the process (and of course will do my best to support you back!).

A little more about me: I'm a 27 year old woman from London, working in charity marketing. I love to travel, read, write and watch movies. I wouldn't say I love the gym, but I definitely like it (but only for the 60 minutes after I finish working out).

My food weaknesses are workplace cakes, 'convenient' dinners and meals out with friends (Nando's). I am a fridge grazer. I get hangry.

Thanks!

Rachel

Replies

• mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    We have the same weaknesses haha I'm nodding my head reading this
  • lauriemariepea
    lauriemariepea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, there!
    I've done this before too, and have ended up years later right where I began ... actually I've ended up a little farther than where I began. Heh. I have 35 lbs to lose.

I'm turning 50 this year, and would love to be able to celebrate my birthday weighing significantly less, and feeling better. I hear you on the food weaknesses - mine are salty snacks and fried foods. Hence, the high blood pressure. I'm making changes, but could definitely use support. Cheering others on would also help me feel like I'm part of something bigger, so if you'd like to friend me, that would be awesome.

Let's do this!

Laurie
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Both of you feel free to add.

I've yo yoed the last decade, gain 10, lose 8, gain 15, etc. I notice how much better I feel when I'm lighter, even if it is just 10lbs. Working out and being active gives me so much energy. Weaknesses are snacks at work, convenient meals (mostly fast food or bar food) alcohol and no mindfulness about how I should get through the day.

Matt
  • travelbugjones
    travelbugjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mwalle09 wrote: »
    Both of you feel free to add.

I've yo yoed the last decade, gain 10, lose 8, gain 15, etc. I notice how much better I feel when I'm lighter, even if it is just 10lbs. Working out and being active gives me so much energy. Weaknesses are snacks at work, convenient meals (mostly fast food or bar food) alcohol and no mindfulness about how I should get through the day.

Matt

I'm definitely a yo-yoer... I seem to be able to lose 7lbs and then my motivation fails me. But not this time!!
  • travelbugjones
    travelbugjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, there!
    I'm turning 50 this year, and would love to be able to celebrate my birthday weighing significantly less, and feeling better.

These are great goals! We have a similar amount to lose... let's do it together!

• ACM2018
    ACM2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    O feel your pain, I am an emotional eater and have gained way too much this past few years
  • Ohhhtayyyy
    Ohhhtayyyy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me to anyone feel free to add me as well!
  • tom_worrall
    tom_worrall Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Same same! Office job and sitting on trains 2 days a week to other sites has played havoc with my diet! Don’t even get me started on the work buffets! Lost a few stone and put a couple back on! Back to it now for 2018!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know how to take the weight off but like many of us you had trouble keeping it off.

I'd recommend starting now figuring out how to handle maintenance. If you wait until you get there it'll most likely turn out the same way.

Just some food for thought.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    same. lost 100, been working on gaining it back for about a year now. now up 30 pounds. looking forward to losing half that in 2018. 20 would be awesome.