What was the damage over the Festive period??

Options

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is definitely good to know I am not the only one who has gained lol but I have been at it for long enough now to know that it's simply bloat (read..'good time weight') and will be gone in a couple of weigh-ins anyway. Definitely had a great time this festive period and it has shown but onwards and upwards (or downwards on the scale haha)

Let's all kick *kitten* in 2018 :)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking so.. none :D
  • NicoleMckenzie2017
    NicoleMckenzie2017 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Down 3 pounds. Told myself to listen to my body when I start to get full instead of overindulge which I normally do during the holidays. Guess it worked!
  • DaveyGravy
    Options
    Managed to drop 5lb of them already, glad it was just bloat really!!
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Had allowed myself maintenance calories over the 10 days, from Christmas Eve. But chose carefully and made every calorie count. Wanted to enjoy my meals and I did, but didn't want to waste calories. Also found how much my taste buds have changed, and old favourites I no longer liked. Having extra calories to play with, seemed to help psychologically, didn't feel deprived. That said, I'm down 5.5lb in 2 weeks. So win win for me.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    What was the damage? That every time I hit a new low, I bounced back up. :tongue:
    All told, from Thanksgiving to the new year I gained 1.5 pounds, but that's effectively nothing. I can gain/lose that much at the drop of a hat. This morning I lost 3 pounds from yesterday. I'm back on track now. I want to hit my next goal before the 1 year anniversary of my MFP journey.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    10lbs. Already down 4.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    7.2lb up in December. One day back logging and I've lost 2.5lb. We will see what the real impact of eating above maintenance calories was once the water weight clears.

I totally agree with others posting here though - I enjoyed every minute of indulgence, meals with family, nights at the pub with friends. Wouldn't change a thing! :)
  • mogs7
    mogs7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    7lbs but only 0.4% fat so not going to lose sleep over it! I had a great Christmas....now time for this January shred
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    None...I've put on my usual 8ish Lbs that I do every winter, but most of that was before the holidays.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    In a week, I had 3 Christmas dinners AND spent 2 nights out of town, eating at a bunch of restaurants. :s

When I got back, I was 4lbs heavier. Now, 3 days later, I am only 1lbs heavier than my pre-Christmas weigh-in. I'm pretty darn happy with that!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Just 3 lbs up
  • georgelapenta76
    georgelapenta76 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Two pounds.
  • DaveyGravy
    Options
    7.2lb up in December. One day back logging and I've lost 2.5lb. We will see what the real impact of eating above maintenance calories was once the water weight clears.

I totally agree with others posting here though - I enjoyed every minute of indulgence, meals with family, nights at the pub with friends. Wouldn't change a thing! :)

Oh don't get me wrong, i don't regret anything I put in my mouth or the nights out with friends, that is what that time of year is all about. It's how you bounce back from that that matters :)
  • DaveyGravy
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    10lbs. Already down 4.

Almost identical to myself, guessing it's merely bloat and water weight that we have been holding!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm staying off the scale for a bit, but I really tried to stay around maintenance calories over the holidays. I suspect a couple of pounds over what I'd already put back on over Thanksgiving. I know how to lose it so I am not terribly worried.

I did learn, however, that the holidays are a terrible time to be on medication you are supposed to take 4 times a day with food. So easy to decide "food" should consist of cookies, leftover latkes, pie, rolls - you get the idea.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    About two pounds here but I think it was mostly water weight as it disappeared within two days of cutting out sugar and getting back on the program. I did really, really well until New Year's Eve, then I broke the bank so to speak and ate everything in sight! I just kept logging everything. That really helped to not go too far off track.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly only 3 lbs! I definitely was expecting it to be a lot more because I ate and drank A LOT! Haha
  • DaveyGravy
    Options
    Surprisingly only 3 lbs! I definitely was expecting it to be a lot more because I ate and drank A LOT! Haha

Haha that's not too bad is it! Soon have those off!