Dance, dance !!

Options
Has anyone ever freestyled or used a choreographed dance to loose weight? Or maybe danced and added some excersises to the dancing and been successful in loosing some weight? I'm not good with just straight excersising it gets boring and I can't do it for long but I have been dancing for 60 mins a day for like 3 days and I think I can stik with this.. But any advice or experience with dancing ?!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Dancing is some of the best cardio work you can do!

Which is why things like Zumba, Hip Hop Abs, and Rockin' Body are so popular.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use Just Dance 2 and Zumba Wii games as pretty much my only exercise other than short walks to and from work, and I'm losing weight.

Just Dance 2 organises the dances according to how hard they are, so you can shape yourself a whole workout by doing some easy, some a bit harder, some really hard, for as long as you want to work out. There's enough on there for a few hours' work-out if you were feeling really keen.

And Zumba I'm new too, but I'm finding it really really challenging, you should give it a shot :)
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    Dancing by far, will burn an amazing amount of calories! I personally freestyle in my living room! I make sure that I am moving every single part of my body and with my HRM I burn around 10-15 calories a minute to the workout playlist on aol radio!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I went on Amazon and download a metric butt ton of 69 cent singles and I dance my tush off in my living room just like I would if I were on the floor at the club! This type of cardio really helps me enjoy exercise and has contributed to my 35 lb loss!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep! That's how I started out. For some reason, dancing for an hour (even when I'm pouring sweat) doesn't seem like as much work as when I'm doing an hour of aerobics or anything else. I usually put on a playlist and alternate between freestyle dancing, some tried and true aerobic and/or stairstepping moves and jogging in place. Toss in a few minutes of jumping jacks or something similar if you feel like it. Honestly, the dancing keeps it fun. Oh, and, yeah, this all goes down behind closed doors. LOL. I'm well aware I look like a moron. (But hopefully, soon I'll look like a toned moron. :laugh: )
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I defninitely say dancing is great, but if you really want it to help with your weight loss I would suggest getting a heart rate monitor to know how much youre really burning. The calorie count on here for dancing is not that great, because it only has certain types of dancing or "general" and that could be anything from dancing like crazy to doing a slow waltz! So who knows how accurate it is for you?
  • bymelya1
    bymelya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Have you try Zumba? I was a dancer until my mid twenties and I miss dancing so much. I started taking Zumba classes a year ago and I love it. It is so much fun I don't even feel like is a workout plus I burn a lot of calories. The energy of everybody is amazing and my instructor always have the latest routines. I'm addicted, LOL
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone (:
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone (: