What was the damage over the Festive period??

2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    In a week, I had 3 Christmas dinners AND spent 2 nights out of town, eating at a bunch of restaurants. :s

When I got back, I was 4lbs heavier. Now, 3 days later, I am only 1lbs heavier than my pre-Christmas weigh-in. I'm pretty darn happy with that!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Just 3 lbs up
  • georgelapenta76
    georgelapenta76 Posts: 43 Member
    Two pounds.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    7.2lb up in December. One day back logging and I've lost 2.5lb. We will see what the real impact of eating above maintenance calories was once the water weight clears.

I totally agree with others posting here though - I enjoyed every minute of indulgence, meals with family, nights at the pub with friends. Wouldn't change a thing! :)

Oh don't get me wrong, i don't regret anything I put in my mouth or the nights out with friends, that is what that time of year is all about. It's how you bounce back from that that matters :)
  • DaveyGravy
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    10lbs. Already down 4.

Almost identical to myself, guessing it's merely bloat and water weight that we have been holding!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I'm staying off the scale for a bit, but I really tried to stay around maintenance calories over the holidays. I suspect a couple of pounds over what I'd already put back on over Thanksgiving. I know how to lose it so I am not terribly worried.

I did learn, however, that the holidays are a terrible time to be on medication you are supposed to take 4 times a day with food. So easy to decide "food" should consist of cookies, leftover latkes, pie, rolls - you get the idea.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 235 Member
    About two pounds here but I think it was mostly water weight as it disappeared within two days of cutting out sugar and getting back on the program. I did really, really well until New Year's Eve, then I broke the bank so to speak and ate everything in sight! I just kept logging everything. That really helped to not go too far off track.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Surprisingly only 3 lbs! I definitely was expecting it to be a lot more because I ate and drank A LOT! Haha
  • DaveyGravy
    Surprisingly only 3 lbs! I definitely was expecting it to be a lot more because I ate and drank A LOT! Haha

Haha that's not too bad is it! Soon have those off!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    I lost 2 kilos xmas to new year, but I think that a fair percentage was water, cause I noticed the water I had been retaining for weeks was finally leaving
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    2lbs
    which has already gone away again :)
  • littledainty
    littledainty Posts: 25 Member
    4.5lbs up from 22nd December-2nd January

HOWEVER
    2lbs of that is already gone, and I still managed a 1.9lb loss in December and a 21lb loss for 2017 overall, so that's a win.

My trainer keeps us that it's not what you eat Christmas-New Year, it's New Year-Christmas that really counts. So if you're beating yourself up about it think about that.

Happy 2018!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Zero.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    No loss, no gain Christmas week. Next weigh in this weekend. Took only Christmas Day off. Still tracked calories. It was BIG.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    bounced around on the same +/-3 lbs and I'm back on track now :) I am writing things down to have a better game plan next year too, so no damage done just some very good lessons :)
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,981 Member
    I've had a 1-3 pound fluctuation the past couple weeks exasperated by starting personal training right after Christmas.
  • DaveyGravy
    Well i've managed to get the full 10lb off in just over a week, happy now! Haha, now onwards with my progress.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Around 2-3 pounds .... but in terms of motivation / resetting cravings.... its done a LOT of damage gained from past year