Keto

Options
Hey guys I just started the Keto diet and I’m having so much trouble as usual eating during the day I usually have one meal a day so I’m trying to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks in between but I’m not hungry! Does anyone have any ideas or recipes or meal plans that worked for them!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There's nothing inherently wrong with eating just one meal a day if you happen to prefer that. Is the issue that you're not getting enough to eat overall?
  • Ohhhtayyyy
    Ohhhtayyyy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yah I don’t think I’m consuming enough to burn but I’m just not hungry during the day usually
  • Attikai
    Attikai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat one keto meal a day?
  • cbohling1987
    cbohling1987 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Frequency of meals doesn't really matter for weight loss as long as you are hitting your calorie goal. I assume that's your goal because you're posting in the weight loss forum.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Can you make a smoothie or something like that? I'm not keto, so just kind of thinking out loud. I know you can eat some lower carb veggies, maybe you could have a small meal based on them.
  • Ohhhtayyyy
    Ohhhtayyyy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn’t even think of that that’s a good idea
  • autumnjoy1313
    autumnjoy1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ohhhtayyyy wrote: »
    Yah I don’t think I’m consuming enough to burn but I’m just not hungry during the day usually

I’ve also had an issue in the past with eating frequently. My ex and I trained for a show two years ago and I was having to eat 8-9x small meals per day. It was hell!
    I just started the keto diet myself after seeing my mom lose 30lbs in just 2 months and her trick is snacking frequently. Our preferred snacks are string cheese, avocados, beef jerky and fat bombs (there are a million different recipes online and they’re super yummy!).

But I would definitely advise you to eat frequently instead of just one large meal a day. Your metabolism tends to slow down if don’t keep it working.