Inspiration for those who are struggling with cravings.

Options
For those who can eat anything in moderation and make room for that small slice of chocolate cake or that single helping of fried food with a quick workout and keep going like this indefinitely until you reach your goal, this post is not for you. This post is for those who use high-octane sugary or starchy or salty foods like a drug, who struggle with moderation, who simply want to be able to eat healthier and make better choices regardless of weight. This is for all the people who are struggling with cravings and asking for advice or insight on how to resist said cravings, who don’t find “gah, just eat everything in moderation; it’s so simple” particularly helpful. For those who this doesn’t apply to, please keep scrolling and have a nice day. :)

A therapist acquaintance of mine posted this on her blog yesterday, and I think it really gets at the heart of what many of us who have addictive tendencies wrestle with when we decide to start making positive changes in our lives. When we stop eating/ drinking/ shopping our feelings, we have to actually be with those feelings. How do we ride the intense wave of emptiness, loneliness, and remorse that so often rushes in to take the place of our chosen numbing agents? Will we have to live with these feelings forever? According to the author, it does get easier with practice, and I think she’s right. It’s like quitting smoking. The first three days are hell, but every day after that is just a little bit easier. :)

https://graceballard.com/eating-whole-foods-makes-me-sad/

Replies

• shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I definitely relate to this.
  • willow8220
    willow8220 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this, thank you. When the desire to overeat hits me, I often remember the saying- 'this too shall pass'
  • heatherjillh
    heatherjillh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great ! Thanks for posting
  • Seitnyx
    Seitnyx Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad sweet tooth. I got something called Crave Crush from
    vitamin Shoppe. It pretty much is like a little mint but it coats your tastebud receptors. It makes sugar cravings disappear in seconds and actually if you eat something sweet after eating this “mint” you won’t be able to taste It. Helps so much honestly.