Am I doing this right ?

Options
Mfp gives me 1850 cals to lose 1lb a week. My fitbit then gives me an extra 900 on average . I eat around 2000 but always Make sure to keep 500 cals remaining at the end of the day . Is this going to work or should I reduce my calories more ? Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    How tall r u and how much do u currently weigh? 2000 sounds super high.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible but we can't say without your height/weight/age to go off to consider if the burn/deficit are reasonable.
  • carrieannhitchen
    carrieannhitchen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5ft7. 220lbs . And I'm 23 . I thought it was high too . So not sure if I should adjust my goals or not
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    For your height and weight, that's not a surprising number of calories.

Try the MFP calories for six weeks. If you don't lose what you expect, then readjust. But don't tweak just because you think it's high.
  • carrieannhitchen
    Options
    Thank you . I'll give it a go and see where it gets me . It's all a bit trial and error at the beginning I think.
  • frawley23
    frawley23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fitbit can get a bit overexcited with their estimate particularly when it's a new device so it can take some trial and error to figure out how accurate the estimate is for you. A lot of people eat half their exercise calories to start with and tweak the amount from there depending on their rate of loss. Personally I set my rate of loss as 1/2 lb more per week than I actually want it at to cancel out my Fitbit's tendency to overestimate.

• carrieannhitchen
    Options
    Thank you . I've been making sure to leave 500 calories in my remaining sector just incase