Challenges that change creates wit Significant Others

Options
Ever get hit from friendly fire? Kind of processing still the comment I got back today from my spouse. I’ve been implementing small changes through December where I started being hyper diligent about logging everything. Anyone have significant others start attacking your new habits? In response to a simple question about the brand of English Muffins she buys I got “this is only going to last two weeks”. Boy that smarts. Don’t know but you need to really work on finding other cheerleaders.

Franklin
High 485lb Nov 2007
Current: 348lb
To go: 108 lbs

Replies

• tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You can do this. This time is different. Change your habits slowly for long term commitment. There is a post you should read as you start out. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10591405/tips-how-i-stayed-committed-finally-and-lost-30-lbs#latest. Then, get her on board without force, but kindness. Talk to her about your feelings. You can do it.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My SO told me in May, that she can only see me as a “sick kid”. I do have a terminal illness and I’ve let my body go at times. I’ve gotten up to 240 because of prednisone and as low as 150 because of chemo. I decided to add some weight training after her comments. And I was able to put on about 15 lbs of muscle.
    You have a great motivator because she gave you a deadline, so to speak. If your nutrition plan cramps her style at home, make sure to take her out once you’ve reached a point where you feel committed. Maybe once you pass her “two weeks”
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A little bit less negativity. Setting small daily commitments to yourself is key. You have to be a little selfish with weight loss. Your doing it for you! Wife, Kids, Significant others should factor as secondary benefactors.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an UNmotivating comment she made!

Wait, what a motivating comment she made!

That type of comment is exactly the type of thing that fuels me to suceed. Prove her wrong! Show her what happens after 2 weeks, after 4 weeks! Show her what 6 months of dedication can do.

If someone tells me one reason why I can't do something I like to give them at least 3 reasons why I can. Prove her wrong and best of luck on your journey.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Once she sees you losing weight/getting swole, she will regret it and wish she listened.
    I am really fortunate that my spouse is involved. I've helped him lose 50+ pounds so far.

Really hope her mindset changes one day