Down 30 lbs and need to lose 40 more (pics) who’s with me?

Options
Seitnyx
Seitnyx Posts: 33 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys, I’m new to myfitnesspal and I’m looking for people to go on this journey with me. I’m 23 years old, 5’3 and 168lbs. I started at 199 last year around this time. However, most of the weight was lost in about 2 months due to a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle and going to the gym 6/7 days a week. I did fall off track and went back to just vegetarian and eating junk food/fast food on and off over the year but managed to only gain about 5 pounds in the process. Looking for support and motivation to lose the rest of the weight and maintain this healthy lifestyle. Any and all tips are welcome! Here are some photos of my progress

(Far left)
l57vnhh515b4.jpeg
rxorukdeb78q.jpeg
qdlnlrtotfsw.jpeg
m6na3volat3f.jpeg
tfxqv0an1x0o.jpeg
bsunsnkvo5v0.png
72nt9p88qsy5.jpeg
n9afktb30pn7.jpeg
t3n5a2z7m8e4.jpeg

Replies

• Seitnyx
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Pic 1- before & 35lbs Down
    Pic 2- before & 30lbs Down
    Pic 3- before
    Pic 4- about 20lbs Down
    Pic 5- about 10 lbs down
    Pic 6- October (30 lbs down - gained the 5lbs back since pic 1)
    Pic 7/8/9- current (35 lbs down)

Also, for some perspective this was me at 18-20ish

7peeo558wy5c.png
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Looking great! I'd be glad to help you out. :)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I just saw your reply on another post lol.

You look amazing!
  • Seitnyx
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »

You look amazing!
    Fflpnari wrote: »

You look amazing!

Thank you! I still have a way to go but I’m happy when I look at pics to see how far I’ve come. Unfortunately it’s very hard for me to see anything other than my “before pictures” even when I currently look in the mirror but it’s a work in progress.
  • nevergiveup1992
    nevergiveup1992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you're absolutely gorgeous! Awesome job and thanks for the motivation :)
  • Seitnyx
    Options
    You look amazing and you're absolutely gorgeous! Awesome job and thanks for the motivation :)

Thank you ❤️❤️
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great! To only gain 5 pounds eating fast food over a year means you’re not eating as bad as you think. You will get there. It’s a struggle for sure. I lost 40 pounds after my second child and was 161 then put back on 30 pounds having a sedentary job along with the stress of that job. I was eating a lot of fast food and gained that 30 back in less than a year. I am 186 now and quit that stressful job. It’s still so hard but just be persistent and push through it. We will both get there! I had my ideal body all my life until I had my first child at 24. I know what it’s capable of and that’s what keeps me going. If that last pic of yours is what you want to be again, picture it day in and day out. Let it motivate you. You will start seeing that person again I promise!
  • Seitnyx
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    You’re doing great! To only gain 5 pounds eating fast food over a year means you’re not eating as bad as you think. You will get there. It’s a struggle for sure. I lost 40 pounds after my second child and was 161 then put back on 30 pounds having a sedentary job along with the stress of that job. I was eating a lot of fast food and gained that 30 back in less than a year. I am 186 now and quit that stressful job. It’s still so hard but just be persistent and push through it. We will both get there! I had my ideal body all my life until I had my first child at 24. I know what it’s capable of and that’s what keeps me going. If that last pic of yours is what you want to be again, picture it day in and day out. Let it motivate you. You will start seeing that person again I promise!

You just motivated me so much. I really appreciate your reply. The best part is knowing you’re able to lose the weight because you’ve done it before. The hardest part is staying motivated and consistent. Let’s do this together!
  • aganey
    Options
    I’m glad I could help! I’m on here everyday and my diary is open to my friends. I find that keeps me from going way over. Message me if you ever need a pep talk :)
  • Seitnyx
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    I’m glad I could help! I’m on here everyday and my diary is open to my friends. I find that keeps me from going way over. Message me if you ever need a pep talk :)

I definitely will, I tend to do very well for a while then fall off. Having someone to message when I start to fall off could help me a ton! Feel free to message me as well if you need one :)
  • aganey
    Options
    I will because I tend to do the same thing! What can I say, I love food! Im not perfect and sometimes it gets the better of me. I just keep going though and not let it get me down if I slip up. That’s all we can do.