looking to lose the last hard 10 lbs for women 40+

Options
Working on losing my last 10 lbs to ultimate goal and looking for others in that boat to chat with. The last 10 is the hardest so need some encouragement. Doing a heart rate metabolic test tomorrow to target in my optimal heart rate zones. The goal is to get to 125 lbs in 10 weeks and I haven't seen that weight for over 20 years. Who is with me. Please share secrets and strategies on getting that last 10 off please.

Replies

• cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm with you, just don't have the ideas or suggestions. I have 10 lbs left to reach 135. Haven't been there in 6 years. I seem to have plateaued. So looking for help too.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm almost 42, just met my goal weight of 128 lbs. and, yes, the last 10 pounds were the hardest! The main advice I can offer is to stay the course. The weight will eventually come off. I have found that drinking lots of water is very important and also to mix it up a lot with the workouts. I do jumping rope, step aerobics, Zumba, hip hop dance, elliptical trainer, spinning, jogging, weight training, yoga, and pilates. Good luck to you and feel free to add me.
  • julieinomaha
    Options
    My current plan is to shift all my cardio to more weight loss level and less aerobic/ fitness level. I will let you know if I learn anything from tomorrow from the metabolic / test and trainer review. It would be great to get it off in 10 weeks and shift to maintenance. I will let you know if I learn anything and please let me know your thoughts as you come up with your ideas too.

thanks
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 49 years old & trying to shake that last 5 lbs...
  • pattyzupe
    pattyzupe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I"ve lost 20 lbs since March, trying to lose these last 10 to get to 125! Can't wait! It's amazing to me how easy it is to feel full when I'm eating healthier, not processed foods, whole wheats!
    Just ate a cup of light & fit vanilla yogurt, whole bunch of berries(walmart mixed frozen fruit) with flaxseed granola! Yummy and less than 300 calories! & I love the "no guilt" feeling of being able to eat that way! Good luck to you! keep us posted.
  • pattyzupe
    pattyzupe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations & good job to you!! I was doing a pound a week for a while there, looking to get back there!!
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 59. I lost 25 lbs from March 2010 to about January 2011 using this website (and the iTouch app as well) Stay the course! You'll get there by using this site and tracking everything as accurately as is practical. I stopped logging on for a couple of months and put 4 lbs back on. I'm just working on the last lb of that little blip! Lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks when I started tracking again. I just have to burn what I eat! If I'm not going to burn it, then I can't eat it... That's especially hard in the winter months when you can't go outside and work in the yard, golf, etc. (I'm in Iowa.) Keep going, even if you plateau for awhile. You'll get there.
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Almost at 10 pounds to go to reach goal. I will check back in with you guys soon! Good luck!