My first NVS!!

Options
My first NSV happened JUST THIS MORNING! I slipped on my old tight skinny jeans, that just last week gave me love handles...And today....
They fit PERFECT.
Now my mom ruined my good mood of course and I just finished bawling my eyes out...So I'm just no where near as proud as I was : /.

Replies

• Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Hunny don't let your mom bring you down! That's a great NSV!
  • honeyb7
    honeyb7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I am new to MFP and am wondering what does NVS mean?
    Thanks and I agree don't let someone ruin your successful moment!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options

It should be NSV, which means "non scale victory"
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    It's all right! You should be very proud of yourself for you're hard work, and we're all proud of you!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Family members can be the WORST when it comes to bringing you down...Don't let your mom side rail you...!!...Good luck on your journey.... :flowerforyou:
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options

It should be NSV, which means "non scale victory"
    Sorry, damn automatic spell checkD:
    And i don't even know why spell check would do that D:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yes, less love handles is great.
  • afkittie1218
    Options
    Don't you worry about your mother! I have found that sometimes others become jealous of your weight lose that they joke in a way to make you feel bad. I don't know if this is the case in your mom since I don't know her, it just comes from what I've seen with my friends and family. All that matter is that YOU feel good! Even small NSV can help you push along! Just keep it up!!!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your victory and keep doing what you're doing. :flowerforyou:
  • physicsphaery
    Options
    Don't you worry about your mother! I have found that sometimes others become jealous of your weight lose that they joke in a way to make you feel bad. I don't know if this is the case in your mom since I don't know her, it just comes from what I've seen with my friends and family. All that matter is that YOU feel good! Even small NSV can help you push along! Just keep it up!!!

I would also add that friends and family can sometimes feel threatened (unwittingly) by the changes you're making. If you can change your body, change your lifestyle, what else can you change? Will you still need them? Your mom has cared for you a long time, and she loves you, and at some level she might be frightened she's going to lose you.

Now. I'm no psychologist, and I don't know you or your mom, so, grain of salt. And congratulations on the jeans! I have a whole spectrum of sizes in my jeans drawer, and I can't wait to work my way back down through them. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!