Never ending hunger during Ovulation

Options
Any women deal with this too? I feel like no matter what, I am always hungry...moody too....but definitely VERY hungry lol. It is like nothing is really satisfying and I just want something else after I’m done eating. The struggle of being a woman *sigh*

Replies

• charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yes. Usually hunger increases from ovulation up until I get my period. Although I just finished mine but have done some intense exercise the past week so my hunger hasn't died down as it usually does. It has helped me to focus on protein and be mindful about eating things that won't satisfy my hunger, although I often crave them.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Huh. You may just have solved my mystery hunger!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Any women deal with this too? I feel like no matter what, I am always hungry...moody too....but definitely VERY hungry lol. It is like nothing is really satisfying and I just want something else after I’m done eating. The struggle of being a woman *sigh*

Eat at maintenance
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I exercise more at ovulation and eat at maintenance for a few days premenstrually.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yes. It’s very much a thing. Knowing this goes a long way to helping with resisting when it hits - or at least minimising the overindulgence.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This explains so much, I thought my brain broke and was actively sabotaging my weight loss. I ended up doing the same as others have mentioned. Eating at maintenance and exercising more, sometimes it's manageable without doing that for me but sometimes it feels like I might eat everything in the fridge. Including the fridge.
  • kissedbythesunlight
    Options
    I eat at maintenance
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have two days a month where I am insatiable. I try and move a little more. I add more veggies to bulk my meals up for less calories but really its two days. I eat the dang cookie too. I try to stick to maintenance level.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    The search feature has over 1000 results for this question. It's a good tool if you have casual questions like this that have already been answered.

I searched for “ovulation hunger”, and not a single topic on the first page had a title specific to ovulation. And there were less than 150 results total. There was no reason to be nasty about someone asking a question that actually isn’t asked that regularly. There’s a relevant difference between period cravings and ovulation cravings, as the second one isn’t talked about that often.

To OP, I don’t get period cravings but absolutely experience them during ovulation. I also get PMS-type mood swings for a few days. It’s a pain.

Seriously. ...it wasn't nasty.

Well, the mods must consider it something, cuz posts of mine that referred to the search feature more diplomatically than that have been removed.

(Note: this post should not be construed as a complaint about moderation.)
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't have the hunger per se but my cravings and desire to eat intensifies, but I'm not hungry. It also happens during PMS.
  • anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Read this thread last month, and just came back to say that this month I *really* noticed the ovulation hunger. I'd never actually associated it with ovulation before (just felt really hungry for a few days and struggled to stick to my goals), but that is absolutely what is going on.

Thanks for pointing this out!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Its just hormonal cravings, as others say eat at maintenance for a few days.
  • Kothe1017
    Kothe1017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m a bottomless pit during that time.
  • KatiieT96
    KatiieT96 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes especially the first two to three days my cravings are constant especially regarding chocolate and white carbs
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I keep to my goal but just try to eat volums. I do crave chocolate a lot during those few days and I found some brown rice cake with some chocolate glazed on top only 70 calories which will satify my chocolate craving and fill me up too. I also eat lots of Oats with a tbs of nutella which fills me up and satiate my chocolate craving. Those are two options that I'm using when those craving happens hope it helps you with yours as well.