Is Yoga good for helping weight loss???

Options
2»

Replies

• fran42672
    fran42672 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great for many things, but potentially you could gain weight doing it. Muscle weighs more, and it helps to build/tone muscles. Lost pants sizes doing it but not weight. Hit your local library and view their fitness DVD collection. Lots of fun things that you can do to exercise and not have to pay a dime for (unless you take them back late, then it's a dime a day).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga is good

Indeed, I need to add it to my standard list of good BW Programs.
  • chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, but to lose weight I weigh and log my food making sure to stay within my calorie allowance.

This
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I started doing yoga, which somehow helped me be more mindful of what I ate. I felt better as I got stronger. I think it is a good workout regardless of whether it helps with weight loss. But, I was losing weight after I began doing yoga (but I also started jogging)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I don't think he would be very helpful for weight loss, as he is always stealing picnic baskets in Jellystone Park. :|

That's Yogi. Yoga is the personal trainer that lives in that one swamp. His methods involve making you carry him around and swamp salvage trips. Generally gets results, but migjt be a bit extreme fir the beginner.

That's Yogurt, Yoga is that creamy milky substance that is high in protein.
  • KatiieT96
    KatiieT96 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used to some strength yoga classes and energy based yoga and they definitely helped me tone up when I wasn’t doing much else