Sweating for the Wedding

Options
Hello All,
My name is Emily and I’m getting married on August 18th. So I have a little over 7 months until the big day and I haven’t lost any weight. I don’t know why I have waited this long to get started on my weight loss journey, but I definitely need some motivation and support! I want to lose roughly 25 (minimum) before I have to get my dress altered. I really want to lose about 50 but I just don’t see that being possible. Anyone else getting married and need support from other, feel free to add me !!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    At least you are not waiting till the month before, some do. Stay on plan and adjust as needed. It's a slow process but if you log everything and are honest it will work. On your time schedule I would add some exercise to not only burn calories but to tone up as well. Think of it as a one, two punch. Congrats on your big day coming up!
  • rachellep103
    rachellep103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily!
    Congratulations! I'm getting married in May. I've lost nearly 30lbs so far (gained a little back over the holidays) I've got about 20 more to go, but I'd be content with 10-15 at this point. I've been slacking big time and need to get back on track. I haven't even ordered my dress yet!
    I've tried a lot of different strategies to get to this point. Lifting, diet, no cardio. Cardio, diet, no lifting, and every variation in between. For myself personally, it was easier to go heavy on the cardio to lose most of the excess, and now I'm more focused on making it look good. I'm gonna start on Strong Curves this weekend.
    Don't get discouraged if it takes a bit to figure out what works for you. It can take some trial & error to figure out what your CICO numbers truly are.