What crisps/savoury snacks do you have?

Options
tpdavies174
tpdavies174 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2018 in Food and Nutrition
In the UK

My daughter has a savoury tooth as opposed to a sweet tooth and can sit and demolish 4 bags in one go - yep shocking!!!

She likes walkers baked but these things aren’t always as good as they make them out to be!!!!

What do you have to curb your savoury desires?

Replies

• SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the UK anymore but my favourite crisps of all time are Salt & Vinegar square crisps and the bonus is they are pretty low cal (about 100cals per packet I think)... I once ate 14 bags in a go, so probably not low cal that time! ;) Where I currently live we get South African Simba crisps, 196 cals a packet!! But OH.MY.WORD they taste sooooo good. Probably all the fat and E numbers that are in them. :(
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I buy aldi French fries 68 kcal
    Also their own brand wotsits 88kcal and their version of quaker 68kcal a bag.

10 packets for a £1 as well. Bargain.

While you're there check out their chocolate pot desserts under 100 calories I love them.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I like salted pretzels or popcorn. I usually weigh it out into 25g bags at around 90 cals per bag then.

But if I fail and wolf the whole bag, tis 'only' around 400cals (better than the 600 in Walkers Sensation, which are my weakness) and can be absorbed into the day/week without panic. I have started looking at calories in a whole large bag of crisps/snacks, so I can plan in case I do eat it all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If it's crunchy and salty I'll probably like it. I don't snack much though because I once I start I don't want to stop.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    pork rinds... great
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, pickles, olives are all lower cal and delightfully salty. :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Hula hoops, wotsits and quavers. I've lived in the US since 2001 and the difference in cals and servings in the crisps at home is astonishing. I filled my carryon coming home with multipacks from Sainsburys.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I buy it popped with just salt on it or I pop it myself. Chips (crisps) just send me over the edge and I can't moderate them.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Tesco value salted crisps. Small packs but proper crisps for less than 100 kCal per pack. Added bonus of only costing 66p for a 12 pack.
  • adheadrick14
    adheadrick14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if they have them in the UK, but my husband and I just recently discovered 4505 Chicharrones (pork rinds) here in the States. A bag of them is only 160 calories and packs a whopping 18 grams of protein. I imagine any pork rinds would probably be about the same, but this brand is humanely raised and sustainably sourced.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Popchips in either ready salted or barbecue flavour. About 75ish calories per bag. Freely available at the big four supermarkets
  • sadrina1986
    sadrina1986 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like oven roast kale chips and potato chips, this way I can control how much oil and salt to put.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    pork rinds... great

Amen!!! Salt and vinegar rinds....YUM!