A new chapter in my life

Options
Long story very short, early 2017 I was laid off. I quickly took a job out of state making a horribly long weekly commute back and forth from work to home. I submitted my resignation because I couldn't afford maintaining two households.

I've been unemployed for five days now and I feel I am losing my mind. I am at a point in my life where I can choose any job I want to do. Of course, the other side of that is...getting someone to interview me.

In the meantime, I have almost 20 years experience in IT, Graphic Design and about ten years experience in web design, SEO and social marketing...anyone have any projects I can take on to fill up a portfolio?

Replies

• TrainingToBeAJedi
    TrainingToBeAJedi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Polaroids are an interesting type of developed picture. Professionally, I don't have any experience in the proper way of preserving this type of media. On a personal level, I setup my cellphone on a stand to keep it stable inside a white light box, placed the image on a simple background(white piece of paper) then centered below the lens of my cell phone. I have a trigger word for my phone (I say "cheese") and my cell snaps a picture. I can then take the images, now shot at a much higher resolution than a scanner could provide, without the glare into Photoshop and crop out the white portions of the Polaroids and paper. From there I can resize it for web and upload them to a portfolio.